This is the sister hotel to the peace lodge located in the la Paz waterfall gardens My husband and I traveled here after a couple nights stay at the lodge. The Springs is really first class. The rooms are very nicely done and very clean. The patios have hammocks and humming bird feeders which is a great way to start off your morning. The humming birds are constantly buzzing around.
There are a variety of springs throughout the property which vary in size and temperature. It's a great way to spend a day soaking around.
As far as dining and food, I would say that there are a variety of options to choose from. The food is good but expect to pay top resort price. I would stay away from the sushi bar. It doesn't seem like the fish is kept cold enough and it appeared that they kept the oil that they use for the deep fryer in the fryer and used it day after day. The fryer was just out in the open...
If you're thinking about heading into town, la fortunate, probably think again. The hotel is situated down a long and bumpy gravel road so be prepared to stay on resort grounds. Although there are a few activities to choose from on the grounds.
My only concern is that they have an animal sanctuary as they do at the peace lodge. I am not a fan of animals in cages especially large beautiful cats. These animals need space to roam. I did not visit this area and would discourage it.
Overall, great place to stay for about 2-3 days. Staff is very friendly and attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park