“OMG ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
York, Pennsylvania
“OMG ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

All I can say is WOW!! My boyfriend and I stayed at The Springs Resort during our week long trip to Costa Rica for his birthday and we had the time of our lives. Everything here is Amazing! I said Everything and I do mean everything!!! The property itself is wonderfully beautiful. We arrived on a cloudy day but even in the midst of that, my breath was taken away. We have stayed in many 5 star resorts and hotels in various countries and this is by far the best one! The room provided a perfect view of the Volcano and on the clear days we were able to see the entire volcano. Everything the resort offered was delivered to the highest standard. The service was impeccable, the staff was outstanding and they were willing to meet our every need and so accommodating of our wants. They began to know us by name very soon.

The suite was above what we had expected. Of course it was very clean and had all the amenities you'd need, plasma TV, iPod station, nice mini bar, jetted tub, huge shower, comfortable King size bed and an AMAZING VIEW of the Volcano!!! That view was the best part!! The room was out of a storybook somewhere.

Every tour guide we had was Great!! We went kayaking with Daniel and Marie, ATVing with Andre and his cousin, Palasio was an amazing tour guide, we saw all the animals on the property and the hot springs were wonderful!!! Every staff member we came across greeted us pleasantly and was willing to help us out with anything we needed. They have so many activities to occupy you on the resort that if you didn't want to, you wouldn't have to leave the huge 100+ acre resort.

The restaurants were pretty good. We really enjoyed the sushi bar and watching Monday Night Football in Spanish at the bar lol! The Sushi bar was the by far the best restaurant in our opinion but the other restaurants had tasty items as well.

I had an opportunity to go to the Spa and that was amazing too. It provided for a relaxing evening and a nice wind down from all of the day's busy activities.

I have no complaints about our experience there and would only say stay here for as long as you can!!!!! I was sad to leave the resort but I know that I will be back again. Thank you Costa Rica for being so beautiful and thank you The Springs Resort for capturing all of the beauty that Arenal had to offer!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

1,192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This was my first trip to Costa Rica, and I will definitely return. Everything was perfect, from the views of the volcano from the room, to the horse back riding throughout the property. So much to do here!!! Kayaking, bird watching, zen like spa, zip lining. Awesome!!
Loved the resort, Loved the Service, Loved the food.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ft. lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

WOW!! What an amazing resort. The views are spectacular and the service top rated. My room was very spacious with a fantastic balcony that had a stunning view of the Arenal Volcano. The resort was one of the most peaceful and relaxing places that I have ever been (and I've been all around the world..at least twice). If you are traveling to Costa Rica there is no other place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is i think the best one in Arenal. Unfortunately you could not go into the swimming pool because of a renovation that was a pitty. But everything else the way the people are welcome you is so very friendly. You get a cold towel for refreshing and a non alcoholis cocktail wich is very nice when you have drove a few hours.
We had I think the best room of the hotel...it was the first one in row and we had first class seight of the vulcano. So beautiful you can imagine....we were on honeymoon and in our room there was a bottle of wine with a plate of fruit and beautiful flowers. Something we really think its great. The fridge with the drinks in it are for free, that is something that isn´t in every hotel.
The restaurant is good for diner. Breakfast is excellent what a choice you have. This is a hotel we surtainly will recommand to every one. Great spot, employees are very friendly and helpfull
I will say do not hesitate and book this hotel when you are planning to go to Arenal. Erik & Inge the Netherlands

Room Tip: When it is possible make a river boottrip and book it at the hotel. It is a daytour from 7 untill 4...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

After having traveled to many points on the Globe, I feel I'm adequately traveled to compare this resort with some of the finest.

For starters, traving in October provided us a measure of seclusion unique to this season. We were one couple of just a dozen or so staying here in Oct 2011.

Travel
Because of the remote location, a 2.5 hr shuttle trip was necessary. Worth the $150 given the complexity of driving in this country. Options include a tiny puddle jumper plane that seats as few as 7 to cut your commute to 25 mins. Be advised: the roads from San Jose to this resort are largely unmarked and dangerous. They are narrow, slippery and with sheer dropoffs. If you're a pro race car driver or big rig driver, rent a car and take your chances. If not, pay $150 and take the 2.5 hr bus shuttle.

The rooms
The honeymoon vista was $435 a night this time of year. Worth every nickel. Volcano views, an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi coupled with a fabulous bed and superb wood decor, travertine marble and upscale home theater, plush robes, reasonably priced mini bar and great bedding place this resort among the worlds finest.

Superb. The place is staffed by dozens of people cleaning every square inch of the resort daily. All staffers remember your name. The concierge goes out of his way to find you tours that are reasonably priced and fit your schedule.

The resort
Immaculate. 4 years old. The hot springs include 18 pools of varying temperatures. The buildings are opulent but harmonious with nature with their use of wood and local materials.

The food
Basically, very good. Cheesecake
Factory good. Not quite five star, but pretty good. No reason to leave the resort for meals. Reasonably priced. More than adequate. Could use a bit more selection and perhaps a one notch bump in the menu, but overall, no disappointments

Activities
Plenty from which to choose. All tour guides were exemplary and all attractions proved safe and within the comfort zone for the most timid travelers. Zip lines, safari tour, tubing, rafting, it's all here.

Safety
A room safe and honest staff gave us peace of mind. Zero concerns.

Family friendly
Bring your kids if you must...plenty to do...but safe this resort for you and your special someone.

Pros:
Reasonably priced for a resort that has so much to keep you happy

Five star luxury

Superb service

Great day spa

Amazing gym with all the latest equipment

Five good restaurants on the grounds

Lots of local activities

Best hot springs in the Americas

Amazing rooms

Fantastic staff

Cons:
Getting there is a challenge. It's a 2-3 hr trek after your day of flying just to get in-country.

Restaurants could use a bump up just a notch in selection and quality. And maybe one more from which to choose.

Weather is unpredictable. Ignore the forecast. This is the tropics.

What to bring
Rain ponchos
Bug spray... Although only a minor issue this time of year.
Hiking shoes
Water shoes
Waterproof camera
Sunscreen
Baby powder or talcum
Benadryl and the liquid stuff

• Stayed October 2011
Esterillos Oeste, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Springs is absolutely breathtaking. The resort its self is on a gorgeous property, with hot springs, a river for tubing, wild cats, and of course one of the most beautiful views in the world, the Arenal Volcano. After my hot stone message, I was gently woken as the window opened to the view of the volcano and CR rain forest. I was lucky enough to have this view from my room also. The room its self was also perfect, and having my coffee on the balcony in the room was the most wonderful way to wake up each morning. The staff was also amazing, and the food delicious. I wish I was sitting in the hot springs instead of my computer at work right now! I saw a comments on here about cockroaches, but I didn't see any bugs at all in my room, which is actually pretty impressive for Costa Rica, even in a 5 star resort. Oh, and the mojitos are amazing ;)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
kingston jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed at this beautiful Resort as part a 12 member group, artiste and musicians, weekend of October 21. We have experience hundreds maybe thousands of Hotels and Resorts all over the world, over the many years we have been touring. There is not 1 member of our group including Artiste, BEENIE MAN, who wasn't totally impressed with the experience. Have all the necessary amenities and more, gorgeous rooms, friendly staff service and the most amazing settings and view one could imaging. My only regrets was not being able to stay longer and experience all the amenities, too many with too little time. I recommend this Resort to anyone looking for a great experience, romantic or otherwise.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!