My husband I were in La Fortuna for several days staying at a very nice resort. I told him that I had heard about The Springs Resort and Spa from another couple and it sounded wonderful. So we decided to take a drive and see for ourselves. When we approached the resort I knew we were in for a treat. We went to the front desk and I introduced ourselves to the Front Desk Manager, Patrick Mahoney. I told him that I was in the travel business and wanted to take a tour. He could not have been nicer and was thrilled to show off the property. After the tour we inquired to see if they had availability and we were thrilled to learn that they did.
The next day we packed up and moved to paradise at The Spring resort and Spa. Once we got settled in there was no need to leave, the resort has everything a vacationer would want at your fingertips. The view of the Arenal volcano was wonderful from our room. We loved to wake up and see the moneys and Humming Birds outside our patio. We went Kayaking down a white water river, we spent many hours relaxing in the mineral springs. While at the resort we met so many other couples and families who were also having a wonderful time. Many of whom we are still in touch with. The food was fabulous and the pool bar is a must. There is also an animal reserve on property that is free to all. I had never been so up close to wild animals. The staff was eager to make sure that our stay was the best experience possible. In fact we had an early flight back to the states and had planned on staying at a Hampton Inn near the airport, but Patrick (our new friend) told us that they had a sister property called The Peace Lodge that was only 45 minutes from San Jose Airport and that this resort was equally as impressive. I couldn't imagine that this could be possible, so we decided to stay our last night at The Peace Lodge. Patrick was right, The Peace Lodge, while very different wass just as wonderful. Our only regret is that we didn't get to stay a couple of extra days at The Peace Lodge. We are now planning to return in March and bring our 13 year daughter, she will just love the experience. If you have the opportunity to stay at either property you will not be sorry. Over the top!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park