“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal Corin

Save Saved
You added Hotel Royal Corin to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Corin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4,2 Km West of Catholic Church | on Road to Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a fantastic experience at the Royal Corin. Everything was very nice and clean and relaxing. The hotel looks and feels exactly like it is presented online. The staff was OUTSTANDING. They provided all the information we needed for travelling, visiting town, and the excursions, and they were always friendly.

The breakfast buffet was very good and had a wide variety of foods each day. The restaurant was a little less than desirable for the other meals, but there were plenty of great inexpensive restaurants in town.

This was our first international trip, and it went very smoothly, thanks to all the help at the Hotel Royal Corin. We would highly recommend visiting. Pura Vida!

1,272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Oceanside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and could not have been happier. The room was very spacious. The views of the area and especially the volcano were amazing. The place was beautiful. The staff, was very attentive and very friendly. The buffet breakfast had a little of everything, and when the eggs on the buffet where not how I prefer them, I was able to get scrambled eggs from the kitchen. We wanted to try local cuisine for dinner and the hotel provided us with a free round trip ride to town. The hot spring pool was incredible. Next time we come to Costa Rica we would definitely stay here again.

Royal Oak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We couldn't have been more thrilled with this hotel.
I booked it while in Costa Rica knowing only what I had read about it on TripAdvisor and their website (which just gives the basics.)
They offered a 50% rate which we thought was very reasonable and it included a daily buffet breakfast.
The hotel seems rather new and had a boutique feel to it. We were welcomed with a cocktail of sorts which was very refreshing.
The staff was very friendly.

Our room was was quite spacious (standard w/king bed) and a wonderful view of Arenal Volcano and the pools. The room was very clean.

We had dinner there the first night and it was good and affordably priced.

The main hotspring fed pool is HOT be warned! And this is the pool w/the swim-up bar. Personally too hot for me! The pool to the left is cooler (80) but refreshing.
The drinks at the bar were delicously refreshing! I had the Beso Facil...definitely give it a try!

The lobby bar offers a happy hour from 6-8p I believe.

The buffet breakfast is good with lots to eat. Unforunately most of the choices were carbs. The fruits were very fresh and again I have to comment on the pineapple marmalade...yummy!

There are tons of iguanas on the grounds by the pools and waterfalls. My son loved them!

The service at this hotel is great. Everyone was very friendly, attentive and accommodating.
Checkout is 12p but they allowed me to stay in our room a little longer. We then stayed at the pool and had lunch while they stored my luggage. We used the spa's shower before we left, paid our bill retrieved our luggage and away we went.

I'm pretty particular about my hotels and this was definitely a great choice.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms have a view of the volcano and pools. We were on the third floor between t...
Durham CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family stayed here and the staff were warm and welcoming. They helped us make arrangements for meals and transportation. They were kind to my kids, and even brought us some items that we had left in the room prior to check-out.
The pool is absolutely incredible! The restaurant staff were attentive and were able to make meals for my children even if those items were not listed on the menu.
The rooms are extremely spacious and clean.

San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Royal Corin is a beautiful Hotel, their staff is great, I have visited many hotels in this area and for me it is the best in La Fortuna. I had an amazing experience during this visit and I will come back for sure.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a family of 4 in a suite and it was an awesome room. The kids love it. Great view of the volcano from the room. The pools are great. Only one good for the kids, but they loved it. They even played in the "waterfalls". There were several types of lizards and hummingbirds to view at the hotel. The food was good as were the drinks. It's a short trip to La Fortuna for shopping.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beautiful room, (401) with a double balcony. The view is easily the best in town. Service in the hotel is personable and everyone seems to really enjoy working there. The guys at breakfast (especially Daniel) are welcoming and fun! People complain on here about the silliest things please ignore them there is nothing wrong with this hotel. Pools are well kept and very relaxing

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Royal Corin? Share your experiences!