“VERY pleased!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal Corin

You added Hotel Royal Corin to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Corin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4,2 Km West of Catholic Church | on Road to Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
$231 (USD)
Royal Oak
“VERY pleased!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We couldn't have been more thrilled with this hotel.
I booked it while in Costa Rica knowing only what I had read about it on TripAdvisor and their website (which just gives the basics.)
They offered a 50% rate which we thought was very reasonable and it included a daily buffet breakfast.
The hotel seems rather new and had a boutique feel to it. We were welcomed with a cocktail of sorts which was very refreshing.
The staff was very friendly.

Our room was was quite spacious (standard w/king bed) and a wonderful view of Arenal Volcano and the pools. The room was very clean.

We had dinner there the first night and it was good and affordably priced.

The main hotspring fed pool is HOT be warned! And this is the pool w/the swim-up bar. Personally too hot for me! The pool to the left is cooler (80) but refreshing.
The drinks at the bar were delicously refreshing! I had the Beso Facil...definitely give it a try!

The lobby bar offers a happy hour from 6-8p I believe.

The buffet breakfast is good with lots to eat. Unforunately most of the choices were carbs. The fruits were very fresh and again I have to comment on the pineapple marmalade...yummy!

There are tons of iguanas on the grounds by the pools and waterfalls. My son loved them!

The service at this hotel is great. Everyone was very friendly, attentive and accommodating.
Checkout is 12p but they allowed me to stay in our room a little longer. We then stayed at the pool and had lunch while they stored my luggage. We used the spa's shower before we left, paid our bill retrieved our luggage and away we went.

I'm pretty particular about my hotels and this was definitely a great choice.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms have a view of the volcano and pools. We were on the third floor between t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Durham CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family stayed here and the staff were warm and welcoming. They helped us make arrangements for meals and transportation. They were kind to my kids, and even brought us some items that we had left in the room prior to check-out.
The pool is absolutely incredible! The restaurant staff were attentive and were able to make meals for my children even if those items were not listed on the menu.
The rooms are extremely spacious and clean.

San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Royal Corin is a beautiful Hotel, their staff is great, I have visited many hotels in this area and for me it is the best in La Fortuna. I had an amazing experience during this visit and I will come back for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a family of 4 in a suite and it was an awesome room. The kids love it. Great view of the volcano from the room. The pools are great. Only one good for the kids, but they loved it. They even played in the "waterfalls". There were several types of lizards and hummingbirds to view at the hotel. The food was good as were the drinks. It's a short trip to La Fortuna for shopping.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beautiful room, (401) with a double balcony. The view is easily the best in town. Service in the hotel is personable and everyone seems to really enjoy working there. The guys at breakfast (especially Daniel) are welcoming and fun! People complain on here about the silliest things please ignore them there is nothing wrong with this hotel. Pools are well kept and very relaxing

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was lovely. The staff was great. Loved the hot springs pool. Would recommend to others. The buffet breakfast was good. Dinner at the restaurant was not impressive but I am a bit of a food snob.

Moreno Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6-13-13 in master sweet, room 409.

We booked online thru orbitz and got a steal on the room.

We pulled up to gate and gave our names and let in. We pulled up and parked. It was raining and the bellhop came out to give my wife umbrella as it was raining and to get our bags. As we go thru the check in process the bell hop gives us a fruit drink. Woulda been nice to get a choice on the drink we got. Check in and bellboy shows us to room then brings bags up to room. The parts that bothered us was the call when we got in room to come to the spa and the deals they got, I'm on vacation don't call my room for that. Then no radio station for shower, there was a light out in shower, another light out by big mirror at entrance to bath room, the rooms hot tub light was out , tv was fuzzy in hot tub and the hard wear on tub was loose. I reported it to hotel and nothing got fixed!!!!!! If I woulda paid normal 400 dollars a night I woulda been pissed. The stay was not really any better then a Marriott hotel to me. Based on other reviews I had high hopes. All the staff was very nice and polite. Had a very decent breakfast buffet. Wish I could rate them better. Maybe as I caught them in the off season I did get same experience as others. I would give them one more try.

• Stayed June 2013
Roy C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal Corin, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately we did not receive any complaint during the only one night you stay with us. Part of our service is to contact the client upon arrival to check is everything is OK with the room and also offers the extra services available in the hotel (spa, restaurant, bars, etc). We apologize if you felt that our service was slow and not efficient and a caused this discomfort during your stay.

Best Regards,

Roy Cerdas

Been to Hotel Royal Corin? Share your experiences!