You added The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort to your Saves list
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   | 4.2 km towards the Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
25% off room rate
Farmingdale, New York
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great hotel, cool view at the volcano, excellent hot springs pools. We only stayed here for 3 days but we liked everything about this hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was very helpful. We particularly enjoyed sitting in the hot water at the pool bar after a day of activities in the area. Our stay came with complementary breakfast, which was buffet style and had something to offer for every taste. We only had dinner once at the hotel and, after reading some of the negative reviews about the food, were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was smaller than I expected, but that worked out well for us because it provided a more private atmosphere than some of the other hotels in the area. Would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Best views are on a higher floor, in the northern part of the building.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a travel pro at DM Vacation I always judge a hotel based on what they advertised themselves to be. The Hotel Royal Corin keeps its promises. The hotel is very nice, with nice rooms, nice hot springs and a lovely location to get to various things. Not much to walk to but close enough to town and the various places that we wanted to visit.

The service in the restaurant was mixed. At times it was good and at times it was near horrible. They seem overworked. It was hard to get refills on your coffee and at times they just were not helpful. While the food was good, please expect it to be very expensive for the area. Much better to eat in town for much less. Plus you will experience a more local flavor.

Hot spring pools are fun. Kids had a good time, but these are not great pools for swimming.

• 3 of 5 stars
cabo1974, Front Office Manager at The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Richar H:

Thank you very much for your comments, we´ll take care of the situation with the service in the restaurant to improve a better service and do not have any more this kind of situations.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is wonderful hotel that I wouldn't hesitate to stay at again. All rooms have a balcony that looks out upon the beautifully maintained private hot springs pool and the Arenal Volcano. The hot springs pool has a very upscale, spa like feel to it and was never very busy. In addition there are few hot tubs set apart from the pool for extra privacy. The staff was very friendly and helpful in scheduling excursions during our stay. The on site restaurant was a surprise as well. The dinner menu contains exceptionally prepared dishes with a Mediterranean influence. Being somewhat of a foodie I was actually surprised at the quality of the food; it wasn't something I expected to find in Costa Rica. The hotel room itself is well appointed and very clean. Overall the hotel has a very serene quality about it which is perfect for a couples getaway. If your looking for a hotel with more of a rustic, lodge like feel to it, the Royal Corin is definitely not that hotel. On the other hand if you seek a peaceful upscale retreat then look no further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arthur E
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Good:

First of all, the location is great, right in front of the volcano and just outside the small town of La Fortuna. The grounds and pools are lovely. My family and I also used the spa, and that was also top notch. Carolina, in particular, was a great massage therapist.

The Bad:

I had made a reservation for our March stay back in October. When I called a month ahead of our stay (in February), I was told thet never received it. They do their confirmations via fax and I confirmed its receipt at the time, but nonethless...So when I called to confirm we were not honored with the suite I has booked, but rather a room with a king, and a rollaway. There was also a package which included all meals, spa treatments and one excursion. I was told this package was totally SOLD OUT, even though it remained on their website. Instead, I was offered an abbreviated package in a SMALLER ROOM for MORE MONEY! Since their were no other options available in the area I went with it. I made absolute sure that the confirmed my reservation. Carolina, the (desk attendant. not massage therapist) handled all of this quite poorly and I demanded contact with a supervisor. Neither apologized for losing my reservation or for an y hardship.

The food at this hotel is TERRIBLE, they try to dress things up, but you can't create a silk purse from a sow's ear, plain and simple.

The bartenders at the pool bar were very slow and busy socializing with their friends.

There were never enough towels at the pool, and in fact we waited ONE HOUR for them one night. When I inquired as to where they were the attendant told me I shouls have used my robe from my room? Excuse me? I don't want to try myself off with the robe I used after I shower thank you. He just shrugged.

Lastly, the water from the pools gave both my boys severe ear infections. God knows what was growing in there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Newwavegirl
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

this place is just beautiful, nice rooms with big balcony, excellent view of arenal volcano, huge hot spring water private pools and jacuzies, and the restaurant has nice breakfast and meals, surprisingly with a separate vegetarian menu!! staff is very curtsious and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars
We are glad to hear that you had a good time during your visit to Royal Corin, we look forward to have your visit again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is an absolute delight. It is stylish and comfortable. The view of the volcano is stunning, the pools relaxing, the staff friendly and helpful. I was so excited to see just how gorgeous and luxurious the room was. If you have to spend some time inside while you are in Costa Rica - this is the place to do it!

Hempstead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We loved the stay! The hotel is located about 2 1/2 hrs from San Jose airport, but the drive is very scenic. Call or email the hotel before hand to arrange for transportation. The staff was very accomodating and even helped me with my Spanish. The room was pleasant but the bed was the absolute best! Very plush. The bathroom shower was also a nice touch: they have a radio embedded in the shower head! Your hotel reservation comes with daily breakfast. We loved eating on the patio and the Costa Rican cuisine for breakfast kept us full until dinner time. The prices for lunch and dinner were a bit high, so my husband and I would opt for travelling to town every night. The hot springs are hot and can be a bit too much when the sun is shining. But, on a rainy or cloudy day, they were a welcome. Considering the hot springs are an attratraction, this hotel can be a tourist sight throughout the day, meaning it can become crowded. But, my husband and I did an excursion almost every day and we barely noticed. These day trips can be planned through the hotel with pick up and drop off. We recommend the safari ride, the Ecoglide zipline, and white water rafting. Do not pay to go to the park. The cost to enter is $7 and you can walk around and view all day for yourself without the time contraints of a tour. We will be returning to this hotel because it was a the best for our money. Downtown restaurants that are a must: Nene's, Don Rufino and Lava Lounge.

Room Tip: Our room was 411 and had the best view of the volcano.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa
Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa
#12 of 61 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 stars 1,349 reviews

Been to The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!