“Canoe Trip near Arenal Volcano” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canoa Aventura

Canoa Aventura
Iglesia Catolica de Fortuna, 1.5 Oeste | Iglesia Catolica de Fortuna, 1.5 Oeste, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 4417, Costa Rica
+506 2479-8200
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Our specialty is combining paddling with an immersion into the natural Costa Rican environment. For more than 20 years, we have been guiding birdwatching trips throughout northern Costa Rica. And, for the past 14 years, we've also been guiding canoe trips in Costa Rica, Vermont USA, Canada, and Nicaragua. Enjoy nature while observing wildlife on the river banks of Costa Rica with our safari tours in your choice of canoe, raft or kayak in Penas Blancas River. Or you may prefer to enjoy a panoramic view of the majestic Arenal Volcano by joining our Lake Arenal by canoe tour. If you would you like explore the nature of Costa Rica by foot, we offer walks to very recognized natural destination tours like Rio Celeste Hike, Cerro Chato Hike, and the majestic Arenal Volcano.
asheville, NC
“Canoe Trip near Arenal Volcano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

This was a highlight of our trip to costa rica. The guides were full of energy, fun, informative, and great with our kids. The trip itself was amazing. Starts and finishes with traditional costa rican breakfast and lunch. Then a 2-3 hour paddle down a beautiful river packed with Cayman, Iguina's, and birds of all sorts. WE LOVED IT!!

NH
“INCREDIBLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

My son and I did the Combination Tour on Christmas Day (09) which included the Hanging Bridges, lunch, sunset volcano hike and hot springs. Jorge was our guide and we felt that he truly made our day magical. It felt as though we had known him for years and we are extremely grateful to him for making our day so amazing. He was friendly, kind, fun, caring and incredibly instinctive about his surroundings!!! Thank you so very much, Jorge!
Sandy - NH (USA)

Reno, Nevada
“Absolutely a wonderful experience. My...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010 via mobile

Absolutely a wonderful experience. My daughter and I took the Caino Negro river tour to see wild life. We saw three types of monkeys, howler, spider, and white face in one tree. The seemed to be putting on a show just for us. Along with lots of camen, iguana's and the famous Jesus Christ lizard. Our guide was ver friendly and knowlegeable. Our only complaint is the lack of leg room in their vans. The drive is about 2 1/2 hours from La Fortuna . . . Long drive with out leg room. Otherwise, I am very glad we went. I hear from the locals that Caneo Negro is the best place in the area for wildlife.

paquerette02
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My friends and I went on the hanging bridge walk with George as our tour guide. I very highly recommend this walk but more importantly, I highly recommend that you request George. He was very enthusiastic about finding the animals and plants, he was very knowledgeable about the things that we saw and extremely friendly. He helped us get really good pictures of the animals. He even gave us a great restaurant recommendation which I thought was the best place we ate on our 8 day vacation. Thank you George!!

Palo Alto, California
28 attraction reviews
“Great adventure, worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I kicked off our trip in Arenal with "The Best of Arenal" tour, flatwater safari raft on Penas Blancas, white water rafting on Balsa (which has a dam release daily to give it some extra oomf), an evening hike at the Volcano Park, and a trip to Baldi Hot Springs.
The guides on each of these portions were well above all of the guides on other tours we did that week. Their English was quite good, and they seemed genuinely interested in the wildlife, plants, activities, and surroundings.