+ Amazing staff, super friendly, helpful, great at their job
+ Food!! Best food we have had in a long time, healthy, tasty, organic, large portions, sooo fresh
+ Animals everywhere! We spotted countless frogs, sloths, toucans an iguana, and tons of birds right on our porch.
+ Ismael was our tour guide for the on-site rainforest tours, amazing man, always smiling and full of knowledge.
We recommend the night rainforest walk
+ Great value - For dinner we paid $15 and got 4 courses...Not sure what others are saying on this site regarding food, it was fantastic and always more available just by asking, (never paid any more.)
+ Facilities - spa, jacuzzi, pool. An no chemicals at all. Ozone filtered.
+ They supply organic shampoo and conditioners.
This is for a different type of holiday, if you want to relax, be secluded & be surrounded by nature, this is for you.
- A bit tricky to get around, unless you have a rental car or you book tours to pick you up.
- The walls are pretty thin in the main lodge (you can stay in cabins around 5 minutes walk away from the reception/restaurant)
Overall an amazing experience, could easily live there for months :) You would be crazy not to go and experience this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Luna Nueva Lodge is a sustainable rainforest eco-lodge hotel, offering an intimate experience of primary rainforest together with a certified organic biodynamic farm. We began farming here in 1994, planting and harvesting organic ginger and turmeric, and promoting sustainable agriculture and conservation in the local community. In 2003 we decided to take our promotion of sustainable practices to the next level by building several beautiful eco-lodges using fallen timber from the farm. Since then we have added a 50 foot high observation tower, a solar heated Jacuzzi, an ozonated swimming pool, and a handicapped accessible rainforest trail. Now you can experience the Costa Rican rainforest, learn about our farm's sustainable practices and relax in our rustic yet luxurious accommodations. Walk through well-groomed rain forest trails on our guided farm tours and hikes, eat gourmet meals prepared from our fresh organic garden produce, and witness the majesty of the Arenal Volcano. For adventure activity enthusiasts, we are located only 35 minutes from La Fortuna, the adventure capital of Costa Rica, and home of world famous Arenal Volcano. La Fortuna is a must see destination for anyone seeking a thrill, and our experienced staff will be more than happy to schedule all of your activities and tours for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Finca Luna Nueva Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Luna Nueva Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park