We decided to spend the first night and the last two nights of our honeymoon at La Terraza, and we are grateful that we did. Jeannetta was an incredible host and Christina (while speaking just a little bit of English) was amazing as well.
We arrived after a long day of flying and were immediately in awe of the property. The grounds were perfectly landscaped and it was so quiet that we instantly felt completely relaxed. Our first night was the day before Good Friday, so everything in Grecia was closed for the holiday. Taking this into account, Chris prepared a tasty dinner for us and had it ready in our rooms to eat at our leisure.
Breakfast all 3 mornings was delicious and made to order. If available, anything we desired was prepared for us.
At the end of our trip, we returned for the final two nights. A couple celebrating their 46th wedding anniversary was also visiting and Jeannetta and Chris threw a joint party for us complete with southern style BBQ chicken and ribs, potato salad, and chocolate cake. After eating throughout Costa Rica for 12 days, this was a welcome reminder of home.
All in all, we are so glad that we began and ended our trip to Costa Rica at La Terraza. Jeannetta and Chris were amazing hosts and seemed genuinely excited to help us, answer questions, and make us feel at home.
1) great hosts and tasty food!
2) wifi was available in our room even though we thought it would only be available in the common areas. This was great as we were able to look into things before venturing out into the country.
3) amazing garden and grounds
4) short and easy drive to and from the airport.
5) very reasonable price for what you get.
1) The bed was a little hard and uncomfortable, but we were so tired (from a long day of flying at the beginning of our vacation and just general travel weariness at the end of the trip) that sleep was not an issue.
2) The ceiling fan was very loose and made a lot of noise when turned on. We also couldn't feel any air coming from it at all so we just slept with the sliding patio door open. The weather was so pleasant so we decided not to bring this up during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Bed and Breakfast with mini guest suites and a vacation apartment. We are located very close to the San Jose Airport. Our guest house features Luxury accommodations, great views, privacy, good service. Each suite is furnished with Nicaraguan wicker and Bamboo, the beds have semi-orthopedic mattresses. Unlike other guest houses our in suite bathrooms are furnished with large fluffy towel sets, tropical scented large bars of soap. Open the sliding glass doors leading to the private balcony. Enjoy the views of the gardens and river. Upon arrival to the guest house we will prepare a meal or a snack for you. We are conveniently located just 2 km from Grecia Central. Airport transportation is 35.00us each way. A full breakfast is included in the price, other meals can be prepared upon at an additional cost upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your La Terraza Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Terraza Guest House Costa Rica/Grecia