“beautiful charmer, hard to find-well worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terraza Guest House

Save Saved
You added La Terraza Guest House to your Saves list
La Terraza Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Calle Salguero 50 meters antes de puente Salguero | San Roque Abajo, Grecia 4100, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Grecia B&B and Inns
El Paso Texas
“beautiful charmer, hard to find-well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

stayed for one nite, should have stayed for 3-4. The room we were in was the absolutely best we stay at all trip, on the banks of the rio which splits the property, it is well maintained, green oasis in the heart of SAN ROQUE DE BAJO de grecia. In other words it is just in a neighborhood east of Grecia. EVERYTHING you need is there.: dishes, soaps, refrigerator, stove, a beautiful bedroom with linens and Jeanetta is very nice, matter of fact, and retired American who runs the house with a wonderfully happy hand. Dont miss it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your visit and most of all for the review. We appreciate your comments, we have a lot to live up to. Please come back again and maybe you will be able to stay a little longer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My sister in law and I are both nurses; she retired and me soon to be. We both needed a relaxing vacation. After reading the reviews posted here on trip advisor and a couple personal phone calls and emails to Jeanetta, the owner, we felt very comfortable taking our first out of country trip to Costa Rica. I can not say enough about her staff, her driver Gerardo and her cook Christina. Short of "Buenos Dias" and a few other words we learned from highschool and a little sign language, we managed to have a fantastic and memorable trip. We felt like we had our own private villa. Sitting out on our private balcony overlooking the lush beautiful grounds and going to sleep and awakening to the sounds of the rolling stream outback was priceless. If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica, make LaTerraza, a must for your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Speaking of a great time. We had an exciting time with you and your sister in law. We usually get couples, it was a nice change having single women visit. Perhaps your review will inspire other single ladies to come visit Costa Rica. We appreciate your review and hope you will miss us enough to come back again. Thanks for the corn meal mix, I enjoyed some today with my Swiss Chard.
Pine Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our 8 night stay at La Terraza Guest House was welcoming, relaxing and gorgeous. The owner, Jeanetta was most gracious & friendly and we felt like we had known her for years. We really enjoyed our morning visits on her patio. Also, her staff, Gerardo & Christine were so friendly and a real asset to the Guest House. We stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment & had plenty of room, very clean, and more than ample kitchen appliances to make some of our own meals. All rooms have a beautiful view of tropical gardens with a river running through them just beyond the balconies. How peaceful with that, the birds & butterflies.
Christine made a terrific breakfast every morning & every now & then we had a surprise treat awaiting us. Gerardo was such an accommodating driver who picked us up at the airport & return and also took us on a couple tours. We really did enjoy our time with him, even though we couldn't speak much of the same language.
Grecia & the surrounding area is just breathtakingly beautiful and very clean.
We would highly recommend this area & "La Terraza" to anyone visiting Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
thanks so much for your review. We enjoyed your visit and sure hope to see you again. It is funny how people say they had such a good time and how great we were as host. You along with many of our other guest make it possible. We have met some outstanding people and you are one of them. Thanks for allowing us to take part in your visit to Costa Rica. Hope to see you again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I almost changed my plans, when I learned my friend would not be able to travel with me to Costa Rica. Over the years, I flew alone to visit my daughter in Australia and England, but had family there when I arrived. But, I have never actually traveled alone in a strange country without knowing a soul. But after checking the web, I found the "cleanest city in C.R." advertized, and after searching for accommodations on Trip Advisor, I learned about this B & B that had such incredible accolades. I called Jeanetta from the states, and she assured me that she and her staff would make sure that I would be safe and well cared for---and that I could use her establishment as a "base" to travel in various directions (I'm looking for a possible 6 month move). Then, when she told me that Gerardo would meet me at the airport and that Adrian would drive me to various locations thruout the country, I knew that this was my sign to continue plans for the trip. I stayed at the Inn for 8 nights, and during my entire stay, I was treated like family. Jeanetta is probably the most accommodating person I've ever met---she is perfect for being an owner of a B&B. It was important for her to make my stay memorable. She also had great recommendations for service people, etc. She introduced me to two neat real estate agents, Cheryl and Trixie, a great massage therapist, and sent over a fantastic computer guy, when my computer crashed. And the other part of the great team is Christine, the cook. She is just a sweet, beautiful lady. The breakfast she prepares is amazing. And midday, she would bring me a wonderful fresh fruit smoothie and sometimes a fantastic banana bread. The clean room was charming, And the sounds from the waterfall made sleeping peaceful. All and all, it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
applehead, Owner at La Terraza Guest House, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for such a glowing review. Taking care of you, making sure you had a wonderful time was our responsibility. There is a lot of planning that goes into taking a trip to a country you have never visited,, not only that a country where they speak a language you don't speak. What made it easy to provide services for you was that you were open to our suggestions. You were positive about everything. We were able to communicat openly and honestly. Our response to you had a lot to do with your willingness to let us help you.

We actually don't like the term B&B because we are more than a B&B, Chris cares about what you eat, she enjoyed it because you eat very well. Gerado, cares about your security and safety, Adriane your tour guide is one of the best. You point to us but we can only point the finger back to you. That is why when people select us by comparing prices they miss out. It is more about the guest then it is about us, you were super and we loved taking care of you. If you come again, you will find that we treat visitors even better the second time around. God Bless you
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Me and my beautiful wife for part of our honeymoon stayed at La Terraza after reading great reviews from Trip Advisor. We were there August 6-8 2012. Is it possible to have enough good things to say about an incredible place, and an incredible owner and hostess. We sincerely believe that Jeanetta has become a friend. Her incredible beauty and warmth was over the top. Her staff Gerrado and Chris were top shelf. We stayed in the "apartment" and was it beautiful, to go out to the balcony over looking her lush grounds were amazing. She arranged transportation from the airport to her lovely B&B. Also transportation to a local steakhouse "La Galeria" that she highly recommended. We used her B&B as a hub to take local buses to the north to see great attractions. Jeanetta's knowledge of the area was very useful and welcome. With no hesitation we will always make La Terraza a stop in our travels to Costa Rica. The best way is to contact Jeanetta is directly, you will be glad that you did. She followed up our trip with a very sweet E mail that we thought was very nice. Don't even hesitate!

Gary & Betty Johnson

Room Tip: We had the apartment, but we checked out the other rooms, you just can't go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary and Betty, I was sure that I had posted a response to your review. Please forgive me because I sure appreciate you taking the time to let others know about us. It is just amazing how God has blessed me with such wonderful guest. You and Betty came in ready to enjoy our services. Betty even forgavem me for calling her Susan. Thanks so much for your wonderful review the pictures.
What you have done is so overwhelming, we appreciate it very much. We are looking forward to your next trip to Costa Rica. We had some great discussions. You guys are the greatest. Thanks a lot and may God continue to bless and prosper you, in your marriage and upcoming business.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I'm late in writing my review, but better late than never! I stayed at the La Terraza Guest May 27, 2012 - June 6, 2012 and thoroughly. From the beautiful, gracious, and delightful owner/hostess, Ms. Jeannetta Owens and our staff, Gerrado and Chris, I was thouroughly pampered. They are so nice and accommodating! The food prepared by Chris was excellent and Gerrado was a great and patient driver during my tours and shopping expeditions. The grounds of the La Terraza Guest House are really lovely and my room was cute, private, and very clean. If I ever return to Costa Rica, I will definitely stay at Ms. Jeannetta's place. I most definitely recommend it : )

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
applehead, Manager at La Terraza Guest House, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. If only you knew how special you were. We just did not know how we were going to manage things because you ran from bugs and detested flies. You came during the time we have Gods tropical feed for birds (smile) and the farmers were fertilizing ther fields and that produced some flies. With your help we managed, you graciously adjusted. It is impossible for us not to be attentive to our guest, when they themselves are so easy to please. I'll let Gerado and Cris know how much you enjoyed your stay.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Jeannetta and Cristina are great. We are on a low-carbohydrate diet and Cristina adjusted our meals to suit us perfectly. We would go out during the day and come back to the apartment to find a wonderful dinner. Steak with onions, mixed veggies (from the local farmer's market) Tilapia or Corvina (fish) Pork chops. Yummy.
We already made our reservation for January. The river was so soothing. The gardens are wonderful (thanks to Geraldo) We keep coming back...John and Dinah from Santa Barbara

Room Tip: The apartment is roomy and has a balcony right next to the running river....awesome!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hey, do you mind if I tell why you have kept coming back? Cris our cook prepares special meals and this ladies hubby, loves Cris's cooking. If I lose Cris we will probably be in trouble.

It is always so good to see you , we intend to do everything possible to keep you coming back.

Been to La Terraza Guest House? Share your experiences!