“Wonderful stay with wonderful people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabinas "El Colibri47"

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alajuela
Cabinas "El Colibri47"
You added Cabinas "El Colibri47" to your Saves list
Villacares, lote # 47 | Turrúcares, Alajuela, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #22 of 58 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Wonderful stay with wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed for several nights during the first few weeks of March at El Colibri47. This was our "home" base for an extended vacation throughout Costa Rica for which Jan was our tour guide. Within 15 - 20mins from the airport, the cabinas and friendly welcome provided us with the first indication that this will be a wonderful vacation. The first great birding photos were also taken in the garden, so definitely a great start. Jan is very knowledgeable about the country which resulted in us seeing new places and new fauna and flora every single day. I would highly recommend a stay at the cabinas as well as using Jan for trips throughout the country. The personal knowledge and friendliness made this a vacation to remember.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
colibri47, Owner at Cabinas "El Colibri47", responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for the stay and the trip, even for me it was a wonderful experience showing the most beautiful birds and animals to you and the rest of the group. It is a great pleasure serving people like you. Thank you very much! Jan

Business
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I planned to stay at El Colibri47 the night I arrived in Costa Rica, and to travel on to Liberia in the north on the following day using a tourist shuttle. My plans were upset by a storm which led to me being in Panama City overnight and arriving nearly a day late in San Jose. Rosy met my delayed flight and sorted out all my transportation problems, ensuring I got the public bus to La Cruz the following day. I cannot thank her enough. Later in my trip I returned to El Colibri47 and spent three very pleasant days with Jan, visiting San Gerardo de Dota, where we stayed in Los Lagos Lodge, walked to a lovely waterfall, saw quetzals without really trying, and ate wonderful food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
colibri47, Owner at Cabinas "El Colibri47", responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much, we try to help our guests with everything what is possible for us.
Spaarndam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

By chance we met a Dutch couple who told us enthousiastically about Colibri47. This should be a place to be, with all the birds like toucans in the garden and other birds.
Since my wife is a nature lover, spending a lots of time making pictures of all these creatures, we were happy with this news. So we called Jan who just happend to have a cabin free for us.
From the moment that we arrived we knew that the Dutch couple had not said anything less then the truth: this is a place to be!
Jan and his wonderful wife were hospitable, creating an atmosphere of friendlyness and home.
He told us a lot about the country that he loves so much that he will stay there as long as it takes. He is an expert on places where not many tourists go to. He can take you to the mountains, vulcanos, trips to the inland to meet local people and eat at small sodas (local restaurants).
We had a wonderful time there. From the conversations with Jan and experiencing the land we took to love this country too.
The weather was good, not too hot and humid, warm enough to spend the day like we wanted. My wife looking for birds and other animals to picture and I enjoying myself with my books, my Ipot and enough space and time for my medidation sessions.
We have had fun in a B & B, away from the busy trafic, 20 minutes from the airport.
Jan and his wife have done everything to make our stay one that we say of: we will be back, sure!

Stayed December 2008
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

We stayed here at the beginning of our 5 weeks in CR, and it was great to be met at San Jose airport by Jan. We spent 2 relaxing days here and learned about the area from Jan and Ili, and they made many recomendations to us. Their B&B is outside a small town, so is very quiet. The cabinas were very clean, with hot showers and comfortable bed. We didn't rent a car for 2 weeks, so were able to get a feel for the driving and habits of the people. Thank goodness we didn't attempt to drive in the cities of San Jose and Alajuela-very few street sgns and crazy traffic.There is very little to do here except read, swim and enjoy the scenery, walk, and chat with owners. They are both very accomadating. Jan will take you on private tours. Wonderful breakfast.

• Liked — very clean, great owners, breakfast, met at airport
  • Disliked — isolated if no car
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)