We used MalekU twice on our trip to Costa Rica,once when we returned to the Central valley on our way up to Belize and on our way back before leaving for Tortuguero.
The hostel is situated opposite the hospital in Alajuela about a mile from the airport.The centre of Alajuela is about 25 minutes walk from the hostel and there is a supermarket just 200 yards up the road.
There is a variety of rooms from twin bedded rooms through to dorm rooms.It's comfortable and clean but basic.There is a small communal area with wifi and a couple of PCs, comfortable chairs etc. but space is limited especially when there are lots of guests.The kitchen area is well equipped but small.
A good place to overnight between trips.The staff is very friendly and very helpful ( they organized our transport to Tortuguero and at a moment's notice)There is a regular shuttle service to the airport. The only downside is the size and the fact that the hostel is right next to a very busy,noisy road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maleku Hostel is run by a Costa Rican Family. It is located really close to the International Airport Juan Santamaria, San Jose. that actually is in Alajuela Town. Our location is really convenient for all those traveler arriving or Departing Costa Rica. 3-5 minutes Taxi ride from the airport SJO.Next to big Super Market with ATM, walk distance to restaurants, stores, movies & public transportation.Our Facilities:•Free shuttle to the airport (from Hostel TO Airport, starting 5am to 5pm)•Free internet &WiFi•Breakfast 7am to 10am (coffee, tea or orange juice, Cookies and fruit)•Lockers•Towels•Full Kitchen•Hot Shower in Sharing Bathroom, all rooms in our hostel have share bathroom.• Great location •Free travel information •Public transportation and cabs a cross the street•Parking: On the street(Please Note we don't offer Airport pick up)We have:2 Dorm Rooms with 6 beds3 Private rooms available All with Share Bath. We offer the best recommendations in Local transportation, tours, rentals, other great hostel around Costa Rica and more.We are open 24 hrs. But our Information staff usually is available to help you with questions from 8am to 8pm. Hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Maleku Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maleku Hotel Alajuela
- Maleku Hostel Alajuela
- Maleku Hostel Hotel Alajuela
- Maleku Hostel Costa Rica/Alajuela