My husband and I spent two great nights at the Brillasol. The staff is friendly, the property is safe and the food is fantastic! Great value for the price.
Rooms & property:
- Rooms are basic and clean; no issues (and no bugs that we could see, which is rare in Costa Rica). The rooms aren't fancy but they do the trick. Our second night was on an upper floor (we stayed at the beginning and end of our trip), and was a bit nicer than our room on the main floor. No air conditioning in our rooms, but we didn't notice the heat.
- The outside of the building is quite lovely and surrounded by trees; feels like an oasis.
- If you're not used to the sounds of Costa Rica, you are going to hear the roosters and birds pretty early in the morning, but that's just the way it is.
- We really enjoyed talking with the owner Luis, and the service was excellent throughout. We were encouraged to eat as much as we wanted at breakfast. Luis' brother served us at breakfast and dinner and it felt like we were visiting with friends rather than eating at a restaurant.
- The free shuttle service is invaluable, especially in this part of San Jose. We were always picked up promptly and didn't have any issues getting to and from our destinations.
- The breakfast (included in room rate) is excellent. Fruit, cereal, fresh juice and coffee (oh, that coffee...so good) are available, and you also get a hot meal. We had eggs, toast and rice & beans -- I'm still thinking about how great the food was.
- For dinner (not included in room rate), we ordered fried rice (my husband and I are vegetarians) and the portion was huge and delicious. My house salad was fresh and yummy as well. My husband ordered a side of french fries; they must have been cooked in coconut oil because they were amazing!
We loved the Brillasol and look forward to coming back!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.