We booked for two nights during our trip to Costa Rica- once at the start of our stay and once in the middle. I have to say they were friendly and helpful during the booking process -and happy to let us leave our luggage there.
The room was basic, but fairly clean, although I did take offence to the stray cockroach until my husband squished it! and it only cost a reasonable $4 by taxi from the airport. However, we did feel somewhat like we had intruded on the family home and slightly unwelcome at breakfast time.
Whilst it was reasonable (don't bother going into San Jose, it is definitely better to stay in Alajuela if you can), I can't really recommend it because it was poor value compared with other places we stayed in CR, and I am sure there are other places to stay that will meet your needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ADVANTAGES OF VIDA TROPICAL - 5 minutes from the airport, but not on the flight path; walking distance to the center of the city of Alajuela; on a nice, quiet, secure street, in a friendly residential area; transportation to and from the airport is available at any hour of the day or night with the official orange airport taxis or we can arrange pickup(fare is about $7.00); a base from which to do day trips in the Central Valley, or overnight trips to more distant points; a place to stay during your whole trip if you're here to check out business opportunities, real estate purchase or rental possibilities or if you want to experience daily life in the Central Valley to decide if you want to move here permanently or part of the year; s place to enjoy an extended stay at very reasonable prices. We´re in Lonely Planet, Let's Go, and other travel books, reviewed on TripAdvisor and airbnb,and recommended in Thorn Tree and other discussion boards. Established in the Last Millenium before Y2K (1999), and enjoyed by 1,000s of guests. We accept Visa and Mastercard but NOT with the new CHIP security system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vida Tropical B and B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vida Tropical b And b Hotel Alajuela
- Vida Tropical B And B Costa Rica/Alajuela