We only stayed here one night...well if you can call it that since we left at 3:15am. We stayed at the Holiday Inn due to its proximity to the airport, I don't think you can get much closer. We knew that we weren't going to do anything but sleep that so this was an excellent option.
The Holiday Inn is very clean and seems fairly new. The rooms are tight on space but not too bad. The night we were there they were full but it was still pretty quiet.
In the morning when we were leaving they had a table full of "to go" bags for breakfast. It was just a muffin, fruit, and juice but certainly a nice touch. The staff were friendly and helpful...perhaps not as much as we had experienced in other areas but still nice.
They offer a service for paying departure tax at the hotel to avoid lines at the airport. It was an additional $4 per person so I took advantage of it. At 4am the airport was pretty quiet so it probably wasn't necessary.
Good hotel if you just need to be close to the airport for a night (or part of one).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport Hotel Alajuela
- Holiday Inn Express Alajuela
- Alajuela Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport Costa Rica/Alajuela