We arrived late at night (close to midnight) after a long day of flight delays and cancellations. The SJO airport basically just disgorges you into a mess of sign-waving drivers, and a poorly-signed pickup area. Fortunately for us, the Holiday Inn Express shuttle was right across the street, and easy to find. We zipped over to the hotel in less than five minutes, and were quickly checked in by the friendly staff.
The hallways of the hotel are really dark and uninspiring, and we were worried about what our room would be like. However, the room itself was great! The beds were verrry comfortable, the climate control worked well, the bathroom was clean and nice, and the layout of the room was very convenient for our family of four. The room was also quite quiet, which is sometimes tough to find in an airport hotel!
After a good night's rest, we also enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The breakfast room can get a bit crowded, but they have a nice selection of breads, fruit, juices, sausage/bacon, and gallo pinto to start the day. It's all in steam trays, but the turnover is so high it is nice and fresh. There is also a nice little book swap/lending library in the lobby, which is useful.
I wouldn't necessarily stay here for visiting San Jose or the surrounding area, but it is a GREAT choice for your first and/or last night in CR.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport Hotel Alajuela
- Holiday Inn Express Alajuela
- Alajuela Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport Costa Rica/Alajuela