“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela

You added Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza Los Mangos, Radial Francisco J. Orlich, Alajuela 20109, Costa Rica   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fantastic Vacations Offer
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Alajuela
Florida
“Clean, Comfortable and Quiet !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a newer hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica. It has been open for about 1 year and is very modernly decorated. The hotel is very close to the airport and Walmart is right next door. The hotel can assist you with paying your departure tax for $33 USD and also will shuttle you to the airport. It was very clean and quiet. After a long week in Hermosa, it was nice to have some R&R at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daniela C, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback of our hotel; now that you mentioned the Wal-Mart, I want to share with you that the Plaza Mango Park will be open soon, with a lot of different options including restaurants, and retail stores just a few steps from the main entrance of the hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had the opportunity to enjoy Playa Hermosa, is one of the best locations for surfing. Hope you also has the opportunity to visit Manuel Antonio, one of the most beautiful and visited National Park in Costa Rica with white sand just a couple of hours from our hotel, or Poas Volcano which is the largest crater in the world and 45 min away from our hotel, is a must, or this will be the perfect excuse to plan a new trip to Costa Rica.

Your kind feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! It was clean and modern and rediculously inexpessive! We were staying just overnight prior to our flight out of the country and couldn't have been more satisfied with the place. If we need to stay in San Jose in the future, this would definitely be the place. Although breakfast wasn't included, the rate was so reasonable that it didn't matter. The shuttles were timely to the airport, the staff was professional, and the place was a releif after some less modern or "North American" facilities we stayed in elsewhere throughout the country. We had a very brief stay, checking in late and out early for a flight, and did not get to see much of the facility, but what we did see was great.

Dear Guest,

Is amazing what a comment like this one can do. I want to express you with all sincerity the joy that gives me to know that your stay at our hotel satisficed all your needs. It is a pleasure to know that our guests have departed Costa Rica with a great experience and a memory, hopefully this is also a good excuse to plan a new vacation in Costa Rica. Hope to see you soon, and hope you’ll have the opportunity to see the wonders of Costa Rica again, and of course! Visit us here; we’ll welcome you with open arms,

Daniela C
Commerce City, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a beautiful new property right next door to the San Jose Airport. I was there on a Habitat for Humanity trip, which the Courtyard generously supports by the way, and I couldn't have been more thrilled. The hotel is quiet, clean, and the people are very friendly. Marcos the manager is the greatest. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MarcoQ-GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Tom, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel your comments are very much appreciated as you mentioned our hotel supports the Habitat for Humanity activities in Costa Rica and will continue to do so; this is one of the corner stones for Marriott through the Community Service in every country. Our Associates are delighted to host all Habitat for Humanity members and donors from all over the world as a matter of fact we thank you for all you do to assist those in need and improve their quality of live.
Hope you have had a great week in Costa Rica and don’t forget to take us in consideration for your next vacation in Costa Rica and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know at marco.quinteros@couryard.com.
Pura Vida :)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We flew in late and decided to stay near the airport for a short night before driving off into the jungle. This hotel met our requirements for a nice, clean, and safe stay. Breakfast was good. The only problem I had was my misunderstanding about how the air conditioner worked. You have to insert your room key into the slot on the wall to engage the A/C. What I didn't understand was that you have to leave the card in the slot or the A/C powers back off in a minute. I'll chalk that up to being tired and not paying attention to what the person at the front desk told me. This hotel is basically what you would expect to find in the USA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MarcoQ-GMCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Tony:
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your experience at Courtyard San Jose Airport. We are pleased to find out that our hotel and service met your requirements for a nice clean and safe stay; our staff is committed to deliver the best possible experience in compliance with our Service Standards. Regarding the A/C is easy to operate: in fact you can turn it on by inserting the key in the slot once your remove the key the A/C will automatically turn off after 10 min or so. This building is SILVER LEED certified by the U.S. building Council and our investors did a great job adding new technologies to this property and reducing the impact in the environment and helping to preserve our planet for future generations. Hope you consider our hotel for your next stay in Costa Rica,
Pura Vida ;)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you are in the area of the San Jose airport for a short stay, this is an excellent choice. Really nice, large rooms. At this point the price was better than the nearby Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn, both of which are my normal choices. If it is the start of your trip, there is a WalMart next door, so you can stock up with snacks for the road or a chance to buy wine etc at a reasonable cost. Less than five minutes to the airport. I will be back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Team Courtyard San Jose Airport would like to thank you for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and also hope you will have a future opportunity to return to our hotel, it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

Daniela C
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Maybe this sort of hotel just isn't for me. Here's what I liked about it: close to the airport, large rooms, restaurant on-site, and a free airport shuttle.

Here's what I didn't like: for the price Marriott charges their guests, I found it appalling that that they didn't even leave a complimentary bottle or two of water in the room, but you're welcome to allow them to charge you $3 for a medium-sized bottle or $5 for a larger one. You are also welcome to pay $5.50 for a bottle of beer. Let me repeat that: $5.50 for a single bottle of beer.

Now, it may be that although I live in an expensive city like New York, I'm more frugal than others. Fine. I'd rather spend my hard-earned money on an experience like zip-lining or visiting a monkey sanctuary than frivolous items like beer and overpriced water.

While the hotel was beautiful and the room was very comfortable, I have to rate this one very low because I don't like it when companies take advantage of their customers. It's shameful. This was my first and last time staying at a Marriott.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMCYSJOAirport, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest
I am certainly disappointed that you have found our prices expensive for beers we are going to review them considering if they were local beers or imported which in most cases have an extra import fees.
Please do accept my apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future to demonstrate that we are working in a daily basis taking into consideration the voice of our customers and their feedback to increase satisfaction.
Pura Vida.
Portland,OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

After spending 2 spectacular weeks in Arenal and Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica we used the Marriott Courtyard Alajuela for one night for our pre-flight stay before our departure. We booked 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in each room. I wasn't sure what to expect because even though we are Marriott members, I had never been to Costa Rica before and was completely unfamiliar with this particular property. After staying one night at this hotel, I would definitely return and would recommend this hotel to anyone. From the time we checked in until the time we left, the service at this hotel was outstanding. They go above and beyond to make sure that all their guests are happy. Special thanks to Dany who made our stay so pleasant even though we had some issues at dinner time at their onsite restaurant. The property looks new and the rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. The beds and pillow were so comfortable that everyone in our group commented on how well they slept. They are located in very close proximity to the airport and provide a free shuttle to the airport for guest convenience. Even though the hotel is close to the airport we didn't hear a sound from our room (which was quite a pleasant surprise to me because I thought i'd hear planes every 2 minutes). The hotel has a great breakfast in the morning which our family loved with a variety of things including an omlete station. This particular property also has a very clean, well organized Walmart next door to them within walking distance incase anyone needs to purchase anything. Everything about this hotel was wonderful with the exception of the food at their restaurant in the evening. Our experience at the hotels restaurant at dinner time was unusually aweful so we ended up eating at a restaurant called La Fabbrica Pizzeria in Plaza Real which was only a $5 / 5 minute cab ride away and worth every penny. The food at La Fabbrica was fantastic and we were very happy that even though it was extremely late, we took the effort to go out there. I would definitely recommend anyone that stays at this Marriott take the cab ride over to La Fabbrica and try them out - I don't think you'll be disappointed. Overall our stay at the Marriott Courtyard Alajuela was fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone and our family looks forward to staying with them again. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daniela C, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. Reading your comment made my day full of energy and encourages continuing doing our best for every visitor to Costa Rica. I will share with all our staff your comments to motivate them generating great experiences, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to find out that our interaction was memorable and motivate me to continue delivering my best to every guests in a genuine costarican way.
I want to apologize for the inconvenient that you had at the dinner; we are implementing new techniques, and adding food options to meet and exceed customers’ expectations. We will continue reinforcing procedures and training to verify the quality of our products and services. Please do accept my apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future to demonstrate that we are working in a daily basis to improve our services.

Dear guest the places that you mentioned are among the best tourist attractions in Costa Rica, the beautiful hot white sand beach in Manuel Antonio, and the gorgeous Arenal Volcano with the amazing landscapes. I am really glad that you had the opportunity to visit all this stunning places, but also hope you had the chance to visit Costa Rica again.

Pura vida :)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela? Share your experiences!