We stayed here our first night arriving late in the evening and everything went well. We were checked in promptly at a very good rate and the entire hotel was spotless and clean though it should be with the hotel being so new. We also stayed here our last night after five days close to Playa Hermosa. As others have mentioned you are right next to a Walmart to buy snacks and necessities.
We did have an issue in the restaurant and it was cleared up by the manager quickly and efficiently.
Check out both times was smooth, no issues getting back and forth to the airport which is very close by. Do not be afraid we did not hear any noise from the airport due to the takeoff and landing patterns. Shuttle runs every twenty minutes.
- Like most airports you clear immigration first, grab any checked baggage and then head to customs. The currency exchanges are a rip off with the rates given up to 25 percent less than what you can get at a bank or ATM. Avoid them at all costs.
- Once you clear customs is where the fun part starts, do not fret... You will exit into an area where taxi drivers and others bombard you with help, just relax and go outside where you find an even bigger group of people. Find the person with the Courtyard Marriott sign, check in with him and within a short period of time an unmarked van will show up and whisk you away the five minute drive to the hotel. Please remember that the vans are unmarked and confirm your destination with the driver, we did tip the driver because he went out of his way to make us feel good.
- You have to use your room keys to get to your floor in the elevator. Just rub the card on the fob and select your floor.
- Same thing when you get to your room, they have the new style readers which just require a rub against the reader.
- The climate control in your room is also controlled by your room key. There is a white reader connected to you AC by the door, place the card in the slot and then adjust your thermostat to your desired temperature. Your room temp will be reset when you leave since you need to take the card with you when you leave, return, etc.
Again a great start/end to our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Courtyard San Jose Airport Alajuela is the closest hotel to the International Juan Santamaria Airport in Costa Rica. From the International Arrival Gate, this LEED-constructed Alajuela hotel is just 5 minutes away towards downtown Alajuela. Our location provides the easiest and most convenient access to all the main tourist attractions in the Central Pacific: Puntarenas and Guanacaste, also National Parks such as Manuel Antonio, Carara, Poas, Braulio Carrillo, Volcan Rincon de la Vieja and much more. Some ideas to plan your Costa Rican Vacation are visiting Arenal Volcano, La Paz Waterfalls and other tourist activities and attractions, all starting at Courtyard San Jose Airport Alajuela, don't forget to take advantage of our free Airport Shuttle every 30 minutes. Courtyard San Jose Airport Alajuela offers all the essential services and amenities you will need to make your trip as successful as can be. Our new Refreshing Service will provide you a new lobby concept, casual food options and variety of beverage selection. We want to please you and make your stay a very special one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Jose Airport Alajuela Costa Rica