My girlfriend and myself stayed here our last night in C.R. due to the resorts proximity to the airport and promised city views. Upon checking in we were given a bungalow with a obstructed city view but a clear view of a pile of garbage on the side of a hillside. The gentlemen working the front desk mentioned there was a unoccupied a frame with a great view of San Jose so we moved into that one. We were warned that the bathroom needed to be cleaned first before we settled and soon after the cleaning lady and an angry man came by to clean the bathroom from the previous tenants and change the towels, after some convincing that’s what she did. Shortly after she left we realized that the bedding had not been changed from the previous guests either so we mentioned this to reception on our way to dinner. When we came back from dinner to our room about an hour and a half later the bedding had still not been changed and it never happened at all… Things good much worse the next morning when I made coffee in the room, I couldn’t understand why after brewing coffee for 10 minutes why there was barely anything in the pot, so I lifted the top of the coffee maker only to find a maggot invested coffee bag. We mentioned of this during check out and the only response was “we have comment cards to fill out”. We were not staying here for the yoga so I cannot comment on that experience, but for spending $190 for a room plus $75 for dinner and drinks this place is completely overpriced.
Good views, beautiful grounds, nice rooms, terrible service and cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class yoga instruction, acres of natural beauty, delicious healthy cuisine and spa services unrivaled in Costa Rica await inside the cloistered walls of this magical retreat. Tropical rain forest, active volcanoes, mountain cloud forests full of rainbows, breathtaking beaches and exhilarating white water rafting beckon the adventurer in you, all within a few hours drive of our eco-chic spa and wellness resort in the world's greenest country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Spa And Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Wellness Retreat Spa
- Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat Costa Rica/Alajuela