We only spent one night in San Jose on our way to Lima. After landing at the airport we realised we had lost one luggage on route to Costa Rice! With not a lot of time to decide on a hotel, we booked Hotel Aeropuerto due to its proximity to San Jose airport. It was fantastic considering our circumstances! We were provided a free transfer by taxi to and from the hotel, free calls from the phone in our room to anywhere in the world (mostly used to deal with Iberia Airlines in spain!!!), free wifi connection and cable TV.
We ordered room service from the little restaurant connected to the hotel which was nice. The menu is mostly western but we did manage to try a local favourite! Our breakfast the next morning was included which is great as there is not a lot around in close reach of the hotel.
The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Definitely felt safe here. The hotel have 24hr security and the front office has a staff member on duty all throughout the night. If we had more time we would have had a dip in the pool! The grounds are very well kept and quiet. The staff here at the hotel will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. We took their advice and spent a few hours exploring Alajuela before our flight in the afternoon. Next time we wont miss the Volcano 45 minutes from the hotel!
Thanks for a great stay! See you again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring free transportation from and to SJO International airport, this comfortable hotel is an ideal base for your trip (3 stars). Those traveling long distances will particularly appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the motorway. The hotel is located in direct proximity to the airport (4.0 km). The reception desk, which is manned 24 hours, also has a hotel safe. The hotel provides free WI-FI in your room or via a wireless connection in public areas. Feel free to enjoy room service or the wake-up facility when staying at the hotel. The hotel operates a suite of business facilities. The friendly team at reception will provide you with more information on the hotel's own car rental offer. Don't worry about finding a parking space, the hotel offers free parking for guests. The rooms benefit from cable television and telephones. All bathrooms are naturally equipped with a hairdryer. Do you want to book a non-smoking room? Are you traveling with your family and do you need a cot? We will gladly cater for your wishes - please indicate them when booking your room. Your room also has a safe. Air-conditioning ensures that the room temperature is always comfortable. Whether you just want to play around or you take your training seriously, the hotel swimming pool is there for you! Forget the worries of the day as you enjoy a relaxing massage. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant, with outdoor seating, where diabetics and vegetarians can find tasty dishes too. In the evening we will welcome you to the hotel bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeropuerto Hotel Alajuela
- Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica Alajuela