This place is not swanky or shiny new, but we are so glad we chose it versus one of the chains near the airport. Despite its proximity to the airport and a major road, it's completely quiet. Because of the gardens, you really feel like you're in a secluded jungle spot. It's very easy to get to - just hop in any of the official orange taxis; the hotel will pay the driver upon your arrival. Then the hotel has their own shuttle (in our case, a very nice SUV) that will take you back to the hotel whenever you need to go. The front desk staff were very friendly (especially the guy that was there in the evening) and helpful regarding what we'd encounter at the airport (for instance, cluing us in that if you pay the required exit tax with a credit card that it's put through as a cash advance).
We had a very good experience at the restaurant. Breakfast buffet, though not huge, was really good and very filling. The eggs were fantastic, as was the pinto gallo. We had a great waiter both times we went to the restaurant for dinner. The food was very good and they even brought us a few extras "on the house."
We found it was a great place to stay with a toddler. We had quite a bit of time to kill on both ends of our trip and our little guy had a great time roaming around the grounds, looking at banana and mango trees, looking for animals and birds, and playing with the foosball machines.
The only real drawback we saw is that the walls are a bit thin, so we did get some noise. But the beds were very comfy. Sheets and duvets were surprisingly nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring free transportation from and to SJO International airport, this comfortable hotel is an ideal base for your trip (3 stars). Those traveling long distances will particularly appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the motorway. The hotel is located in direct proximity to the airport (4.0 km). The reception desk, which is manned 24 hours, also has a hotel safe. The hotel provides free WI-FI in your room or via a wireless connection in public areas. Feel free to enjoy room service or the wake-up facility when staying at the hotel. The hotel operates a suite of business facilities. The friendly team at reception will provide you with more information on the hotel's own car rental offer. Don't worry about finding a parking space, the hotel offers free parking for guests. The rooms benefit from cable television and telephones. All bathrooms are naturally equipped with a hairdryer. Do you want to book a non-smoking room? Are you traveling with your family and do you need a cot? We will gladly cater for your wishes - please indicate them when booking your room. Your room also has a safe. Air-conditioning ensures that the room temperature is always comfortable. Whether you just want to play around or you take your training seriously, the hotel swimming pool is there for you! Forget the worries of the day as you enjoy a relaxing massage. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant, with outdoor seating, where diabetics and vegetarians can find tasty dishes too. In the evening we will welcome you to the hotel bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeropuerto Hotel Alajuela
- Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica Alajuela