This was our last stop in Costa Rica before heading home – we stayed here one night.
• The first door you enter is into is a private garden area and then there’s the door to your room.
• Our room was a very large room with a king bed, a large sitting area with couch, chair and table as well as a table and two chairs to eat at.
• There is a mini refrigerator, sink, glasses and silverware.
• Breakfast, included in your room, is from 7-10 in the morning in a beautiful area overlooking Alajuella. There were many choices – fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, muffins, toast, hard boiled egg, cheese, ham, fruit juices, coffee and tea….all included. If you wanted something more, like omelets, pancakes, bacon, etc. then there was an extra charge. Our waiter was very friendly.
• This resort is beautifully landscaped and has many trails – one to a peaceful waterfall.
• The water, soft drinks, juices etc in the refrigerator are free (very nice!), as is the coffee.
• There was a large patio with chairs, table, and lounge chairs that overlooked Alajuella – very pleasant to sit out there in the evening.
• The shower had good water pressure.
• There is no tv and wifi is only in the reception area and restaurant, not in the rooms, but it was pretty fast.
• The shower ran low on hot water near the end.
Overall, a very pleasant place to stay. We would return.
Note: When we got here (on April 10), the main road to the resort was closed so we had to go around another way. You may want to check to see if it is still closed and get directions to come in the back way. We did get an email from the resort however we did not see it until after we arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xandari is a 40-acre plantation with botanical gardens, orchid house and over 5 kms of nature trails including five waterfalls. Xandari is the creation of an architect-artist couple, with 24 spacious villas overlooking the Central Valley. Only 20 minutes from Juan Santamaria International Airport. In addition, three fabulous swimming pools, including the new 125 ft. long Sunset Pool with a stunning view, and two outdoor jacuzzis. The restaurant serves fresh & healthy continental and Costa Rican menu, featuring many organic fruits and vegetables from our own gardens. Xandari Spa Village is harmoniously integrated with nature and consists of a Yoga Room and five private palm-roofed jalapas with jacuzzi perched on a mountain ridge, where natural ingredients are used in massages and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Xandari Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari Resort And Spa
- Xandari Hotel Alajuela
- Xandari Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela