“Perfect place for your 1st day or last day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Dolce

You added Hotel Villa Dolce to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Dolce
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   995 meters west of the church | across from Rancho Maba El Coyol, Alajuela 20101, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #11 of 54 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Perfect place for your 1st day or last day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was my fourth visit to Villa Dolce. There could not be a more prefect place to stay for your first day in Costa Rica or your last day before heading to the airport. It is 5 minutes from the airport. Jessica our lovely hostess, Randall, and her dad the famous Italian cook were great to see again. This is a very pretty hotel with beautiful grounds and pool. The very small Italian restraurant is excellent. These people do everything they can to make you feel at home. Our last visit we did not get to the hotel until 10pm, Jessica knew we would be hungry and made sure the pizza oven was left on so that we could order something upon our arrival. It is these acts of kindness that make people remember hotels like this and make it a no brainer to stay again and again. This visit on August on 8th was a little different because my whole family stayed here. Everyone had different flights coming in at different times, Jessica and Randall made sure their shuttle was at the airport waiting for everyone to deliver them to Villa Dolce. I think we basically had a hotel takeover. We had a great Yahtzee tournament in the lobby during the most awesome rainstorm ever. Most of us are from Az, so rain is a big thing for us.

This hotel is always the starting point for us during our stays in Costa Rica. Our travels this time to took us up to Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste a four hour drive. Jessica made arrangements for us to make this beautiful trip with her Shuttle driver Pinky. He spoke excellent english and really make this trip wonderful with his knowledge and personality. http://www.pinkystours.com/ We also used him again on our return trip a week later. It is the small things that make a good vacation a great vacation. Jessica you will see us again soon, and thank you for your awesome hospitality.

Gary & Betty Johnson

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Villa Dolce recently on our last night in Costa Rica and had a wonderful experience. We needed a place to stay near the airport for one night while in transit, and this was perfect. Jessica, the host and daughter of the owners, made us feel incredibly welcome, as if we were guests of the family. She arranged for their friendly taxi driver Marcos to pick us up at Pavos airport and then drop us off at Juan Santamaria airport early the following morning. Our family of 5 (three generations) stayed in a two-story villa with a ton of space at reasonable rates. The kids loved the pool, and since it was Sunday and most restaurants nearby were closed, Jessica called and ordered take-out lunch for us, which we ate while watching the Euro soccer finals on TV. Later, we took a walk through the nearby residential neighborhood. For dinner, Jessica's father made delicious pizza (he is from Italy and makes a fantastic thin-crust pie). The restaurant and reception area is in a restored farm house with beautiful wood work. The family also has two small friendly dogs -- one of our children often has issues with dogs, but these two were super-gentle and he loved them. If you need a place to stay near the airport, or as a base near San Jose, Hotel Villa Dolce is a great choice. We hope to return one day. Thanks again, Jessica and family!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Hotel Villa Dolce, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
HOLA Matt & lovely family, thanks a million for taking the time to write this great review. You are so great !! It was a pleasure to have you here. YES, let´s hope we will meet again in the future. Thanks again and take good care.

I also wish to say thank you to all the guests who posted the latest reviews on Villa Dolce. Thanks for the kind words and any comments. It is because of your comments we can keep we can keep improving our service, rooms and villas so keep them coming.

To all of you, many blessings,
Jessica
Reading, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

After a long and tiring flight from the UK what a joy to arrive at this wonderful hotel.Franco ,Maria and Jessica looked after me as if I was one of their family.The staff are all very polite and nothing is to much bother.My room was in very good decorative order and furnishing were excellent quality.My matteress was very comfortable,I asked if I could take it back with me, unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my suitcase. What can I add to what the other reviews have said,Franco's Pizza are briiliant, he learned the art as a young man in Italy (I'm still waiting for the recipe JESSICA).The hotel is a short drive from airport ideal to use as a base to see this exotic country.Fruit you see in the supermarket here in the UK are growing in the fields in CR I will never look a pinapple or mango again without thinking of this beautiful country. penguin

Room Tip: Arrange a massage at reception.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Clemson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have visited Costa Rica several times and have often needed a place to stay the day before leaving San Jose the next morning. This is a perfect place for that. The staff is very friendly; the rooms are clean; the dinners are tasty; and the pool area is sunny and inviting. The neighborhood is quite commercialized but there is no reason to go out. I often travel alone and the hotel is quite safe and surprisingly quiet - an oasis of calm and bright colors. I would definitely stay here again and appreciated their getting me to the airport very inexpensively and in plenty of time to catch my plane. I would not hesitate to recommend this very simple but convenient hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband Gene & I have become close friends to Jessica and we just loving going over for her Father's great Pizza and just to visit. It's lovely, comfortable and very welcoming homely type hotel. I'd recommend to anyone that would love to visit and reasonably priced. Enjoy.
Maria Warneke

Room Tip: Any room will do...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alajuela, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I highly recommend staying at Hotel Villa Dolce if you fly into or out of San Jose on your way to other destinations in Costa Rica. The hotel is only about 6 minutes from the airport. The grounds and facilities are very well maintained and quite attractive. The pool is large enough to do laps and the gardens are full of tropical butterflies and birds. Their cozy restaurant provides delicious pizzas. The owner, Franco, is Italian born and his pizzas are simply delicious. Also, the staff were all very helpful and polite and had several suggestions as what to see and how to get around Costa Rica.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Needed a place to stay close to SJO Airport since we were flying in around midnight. From my web searches, HVD looked good. On the way there, I got a bit worried, as we seemed to be getting into an industrial area w/ lots of trucks and warhouse-type bldgs, and such. But when we were cordially greeted at 1AM by the staff member and given a nice little cabina to accomodate our needs, rooms were clean and nice, I felt relieved. In the morning, I saw that this was indeed a lovely little oasis in a working area. Everyone was very nice and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a place to stay near SJO.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Villa Dolce? Share your experiences!