While traveling with family to bust property in southern Costa Rica, we spent our first evening upon arrival at the Resort Martino Hotel and Spa.
The main building features impressive stone and woodwork and an Italian restaurant that overlooks the pool and hotel grounds, as well as the actual sleeping buildings. The buildings that house the rooms all have exquisite, hand-carved doors and woodwork.
As we walked around, we noted several interesting features on the property, such as stone statues, gardens, and even a bird sanctuary. However, it seems as though we were in the off season because water features were not running and the general ambiance of the grounds was as if it was run down.
We ate at the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast the following morning. The food was delicious, the staff helpful, and the view was fantastic.
Overall, we were afforded a good nights sleep and departed the following morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten minutes from the airport and Central America's biggest Casino, this resort is located in the central valley of Costa Rica, known for having one of the three best climates in the world. European style pervades guestrooms with Italian tile and fine wood furnishings; balconies, minibars, cable TV, and wireless Internet access. Surrounded by jungle, the property is within proximity of volcanoes, rainforests, and more. On-site amenities include a spa, modern gym, casino, pool, and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Resort Martino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Martino Hotel And Spa
- Resort Martino Hotel Alajuela
- Martino Luxury Hotel
- Martino Luxury Resort
- Resort Martino Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela