My husband and I visited the hotel this year. At first we really liked it - big rooms, everything from wood, big pool. Sadly most of the big trees are cut, which makes no sense but anyways..
After we switched our first room, because of no warm water, we were suited into another one.
Our biggest problem were the rats in the sealing, which were so loud, that we could not sleep at all - we were staying at a room on the second floor, right under the roof.
The restaurant is nothing special - the food was not so delicious and the service - no comment.. I have to say that this was the only place in CR where I felt discriminated for being a woman- the one waiter would ask only my husband if he needs something to eat/drink etc. I asked the same waiter to bring me a new wine glas, since the one I had was dirty. I dont know if he was lazy or didnt take me serious, but he came back with the same dirty glas, probably before that wiped it with his dirty cloth..
My appologize, I dont mean to be rude but there is no way that Martinos is a 5 stars hotel and there are deffinately better options for staying closer to the Juan Santamaria airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten minutes from the airport and Central America's biggest Casino, this resort is located in the central valley of Costa Rica, known for having one of the three best climates in the world. European style pervades guestrooms with Italian tile and fine wood furnishings; balconies, minibars, cable TV, and wireless Internet access. Surrounded by jungle, the property is within proximity of volcanoes, rainforests, and more. On-site amenities include a spa, modern gym, casino, pool, and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Resort Martino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Martino Hotel Alajuela
- Resort Martino Hotel And Spa
- Martino Luxury Hotel
- Martino Luxury Resort
- Resort Martino Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela