We wanted to scape for two days with our two kids, so we thought about going somewhere close to the city. At the beginning it looked like we were going to have a nice time. The place is cool, but the rooms are pretty average.
The service at the restaurant is slow, and pretty for what they are charging you! the place was empty and it took forever, the food is pretty average and expensive, they don't have basic italian ingredients (is an italian restaurant!), they forget your order or they mix up your order, at the end I was very frustrated with the restaurant.
I have to say, the spa is nice! and the pool is great!
Now rooms! OMG! they have a musty odor, I guess not too many people stay there, the bed covers smelled a little musty. And at night there where some ants crawling on me...
Not worth the price you pay at all...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten minutes from the airport and Central America's biggest Casino, this resort is located in the central valley of Costa Rica, known for having one of the three best climates in the world. European style pervades guestrooms with Italian tile and fine wood furnishings; balconies, minibars, cable TV, and wireless Internet access. Surrounded by jungle, the property is within proximity of volcanoes, rainforests, and more. On-site amenities include a spa, modern gym, casino, pool, and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Resort Martino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort Martino Hotel Alajuela
- Resort Martino Hotel And Spa
- Martino Luxury Hotel
- Martino Luxury Resort
- Resort Martino Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela