We stayed here in Early December before flying out to another location in the morning. We have stayed at some of the more Costa Rican (and cheaper!) hotels in San Jose in the past and found that the convenience of the Hampton Inn, not having to take a taxi ride into the city, etc outweighed the cost savings.
As others have said, the hotel is nice- just like a Hampton Inn in the US. The shuttle was right outside the door, check in was easy, and the room was clean. Beds were comfortable and the AC worked great. We worked out and the gym is very small but they have very modern elliptical fitness equipment and I was pretty surprised by that. There is a mini-fridge which is nice since and they have a little gift shop which sells the usual items found but also sells beer- it was nice to have a cold Imperial! Breakfast was very good- they were renovating the lobby and breakfast was back in a conference room but still good nonetheless.
We walked over to the casino for dinner and the little sports bar there has pretty decent food. Their happy hour is 2 for 1 drinks, but they didn't really give you that deal until you asked- fortunately I heard another table say something about it and they didn't charge us for the next round- so be careful with that.
Overall a good stay at the Hampton and would definately stay here again as we pass thru SJO.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Hotel Alajuela
- Hampton Inn And Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport
- Hampton Inn Alajuela
- Alajuela Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn San Jose
- San Jose Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton San Jose Airport Costa Rica/Alajuela
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An airport hotel with everything you need...welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San José - Airport. If you're looking for a hotel in the Central Valley, home of San José, Costa Rica’s capital city, look no further. Our Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton™ is the most conveniently located hotel in the area, just five minutes away from the International Airport, one block away from rental car return centers, and with easy access the Inter-American Highway (which transports you to beautiful beaches, national parks, and free trade areas). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.