“Beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buena Vista

You added Hotel Buena Vista to your Saves list
Hotel Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Across from catholic church, Pilas, Alajuela, Alajuela 4050, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Alajuela
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

I just returned from another great trip from Costa Rica. I stayed my first and last night at this great small hotel. Reliable transport to/from airport, clean nice rooms, great view and staff that is second to none. We had dinner at Mirador, down the street, which has fabulous views of downtown San Jose and surrounding areas. I will aways make this hotel a stop when in San Jose. ( The bartenders, Jose or CoCo, will open the bar for you even if your flight is late...thanks guys!)

• Stayed May 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2006

I am a travel agent and my niece wanted to get married in Costa Rica. On a short trip in October we were checking out hotels and tours for the wedding guests. We found the Hotel Buena Vista with a tour driver. The hotel was very clean, and the rooms were a nice size. They also offered a breakfast included in the room rate. We immediately reserved a group of rooms for the wedding guests.
I have just come back from my niece's wedding and wanted to relay that the Hotel Buena Vista was WONDERFUL. The family and friends who stayed at the hotel thoroughly enjoyed the rooms, breakfast, bar, free airport transfers and the friendly staff at the hotel.
I found the reservation staff to be very competent and wonderful to communicate with through emails. I would definitely recommend this hotel for future guests wanting to visit this part of Costa Rica.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

This hotel is close to the airprt but sits on top of the moutain looking down onto San Jose and its suburbs. Ask for a second floor balcony room with a view of the city. Beautiful by day, dakness brings the look of a million twinkling lights before your eyes in the valley below. The rooms are large and very comfortable. Part of the hotel opens up to the pool and lush vegetation, making for a very relaxing and quiet retreat. They have a full service restaurant, however we opted only for the continental breakfast (frest fruit, toast, and coffee). They also provide trasfers to and from the airport. This is not the place to stay if you wish to take day-trips with the local San Jose tour companies as it is a bit too far out of the way for pick-up. Some tours do leave from a nearby hotel, and taxis can take you back and forth, but it is not as convenient as staying in San Jose if this is your intention.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

My four year old daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Buena Vista on our last night in Costa Rica, but wished we had a few more days there. The area is beautiful, surrounded by coffee plantations on terraced fields and there are many interesting things to see in and around Alajuela. The views from the hotel are breathtaking and the rooms are spacious and beautiful. Next time...

The staff at the hotel was wonderful from beginning to end. When I got to the airport in San Jose I realized that I did not have my watch. I did not have time to call the hotel from San Jose but called when I arrived in Houston. I communicated with the hotel via email after being sure that it was not in my luggage, and the hotel was able to find my watch and shipped it back to me.

Five stars for Hotel Buena Vista.

• Stayed April 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

Our stay, the first in Costa Rica was absolutely "Heaven" at the Buena Vista. Staying in a hotel that is owned and operated by independent owners far exceeds large chain hotels. Staff is exceptionally friendly, great service, fantastic rooms, excellent meals. The entire hotel, although small (which is just what we wanted) is extremely well maintained, and very clean. The view from the room (we were fortunate to have a balcony view) was something you would only dream of having, a panaromic view of San Jose, the mountains, and the coffee plantations - just as advertised. We will visit again.

• Stayed March 2006
Wausau, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

I loved it so much... that I stayed at Buena Vista twice in the last year. I was so impressed with the accomodations and the friendly service on my first trip, that I traveled solo the second time. I was very comfortable and relaxed, always feeling like I was staying with friends. Room 214 has a spectacular view of the city at night, yet you have the tranquility and beauty of being in a rural setting. You can't beat it when it comes to quality food, terrific service, and exquisite views, and it's also reasonable priced. I can't wait to go back again next year!

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Hotel Buena Vista? Share your experiences!