“Trip with Students” 5 of 5 stars

+506 2761 1123
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: WHITEWATER RAFTING & KAYAKING. Since 1990, Sarapiqui Outdoor Center has offered the best in Costa Rica whitewater rafting trips and kayaking clinics for adventurers of all abilities, from beginners to experts.Based out of our most convenient location in La Virgen de Sarapiqui,Sarapiquí Outdoor Center river trips and instructional clinics are only 90 minutes from La Fortuna,San Jose and Caribean .Enjoy the abundant wildlife of the numerous species of birds that live here, swim in a natural pools, hike our trails, use the community kitchen, private parking and hammock lounge. If you want some more adventure in your day, check out our rafting trips and kayaking clinics.Sarapiquí River is a Natural Monument of Costa Rica. The Best River for White water rafting in The country. Class : II & III – III & IV - IV & V.Go white whater Rafting with the us….
Malvern, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Trip with Students”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am a teacher that took 6 HS students and 2 mom chaperones, and everyone LOVED this trip! They did a great job teaching us the commands, as only 1 of us had done this before. We all had a great time, I HIGHLY recommend this group!!!

Visited March 2013

Seattle/Tacoma
27 attraction reviews
“Sarapiqui Outdoor Center Takes You on a Great Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a fun morning! Our excursion started in Heredia and there were several photo ops on the way to Sarapiqui Outdoor Center. We were seven adults...two newbie rafters and several older folks (that includes my husband and I.) Six in all went on the rafting trip. I was eager for the experience but it had been fifteen years since my last ride so I was a bit concerned. None of us was interested in the splashing and intentional flipping that sometimes come with commercial rides. This was NOT a problem with SOC. Stanley was an excellent guide...and his attention to safety and knowledge about the river and its wildlife made our trip a pleasure.

Don't be confused...the rapids were exciting and we had a real adventure AND felt safe the entire time. Both newbies are now hooked on white water! There was plenty of splashing but of the natural kind. There were also opportunities to swim and a fresh fruit snack midway.

We bought the photo disc at the end of the visit and we are so glad we did. The people at SOC were very helpful. Those of us who wanted pictures chipped in for one disc. This is the first time I have had that experience! Usually it is one disc per person or per couple.

Our visit included lunch...and I must admit I was skeptical but the meats were bar-b-qued and the vegetables, gallo pinto, salad, and of course fruits were a welcome treat after our morning on the river. This lunch was especially for us but obviously can be arranged. Consider suggesting this a part of your experience if you are with a larger group. The picnic area by the river is great and the food tasty.

Be sure to wear water shoes and sunblock.

I'll be back next visit and recommend that you give it a go.

PS: I am so sorry that I don't remember the name of kayaker that led the way. He entertained us with all kinds of kayak "tricks". Very impressive. He surely represents La Pura Vida!

Visited February 2013
California, Pennsylvania
“Money Well Spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This individual attraction was the highlight of my trip! I loved white water rafting with these kind Costa Ricans, and they were hilarious! Such a fun day, and totally worth every penny spent. I would go back in a heart beat.

Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
30 attraction reviews
“Best thrill ride ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was our very first time doing this and now we are hooked!! David was an amazing guide, gave us great instruction prior that helped calm and comfort our nerves somewhat. He took us both out on the raft when normally it is a group of six. It was like a VIP tour for a fraction of what the tour companies charge and we drove ourselves there without any incident. Regardless, the experience is priceless. We hope to soon hire him to take us to the Pacuare River for rafting there. Thank you for everything David.

Visited November 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Pictures: disappointing experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went water-rafting with our family with Sarapiqui Outdoor Center. Whereas the rafting itself was fine, David had made (supposedly beautiful) pictures from us throughout this experience. We decided to buy these pictures, and David convinced us not to demand a disk with the pictures but to trust him that he would send them to us digitally.

What he sent us was an insult. First he sent pictures sized like stamps (such that neither printing them nor watching them on a laptop is possible), then he sent us pictures of a different group, and then he simply ignored any further requests to send us the normal-sized correct pictures. Even besides the money we paid for these pictures, we feel betrayed in our trust in David and this treatment puts a disappointing stain on an otherwise fun experience!

Visited August 2012