“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of poas volcano CR national park

poas volcano CR national park
Attraction Details
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was a gorgeous place to go. All of the guides knew a lot of interesting facts about the volcano. I would definitely recommend checking this park out.

Visited October 2012

Aiken, South Carolina, United States
“Poas volcano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Took a tour of the volcano, the Boca coffee plantation and the waterfall park. Fantastic tour with knowlegeable guides who had all kinds of interesting facts about the plants and animals we saw. Reasonably priced and it was an all day affair with breakfast and lunch included. Well worth it!

Visited May 2012
Shreveport, Louisiana
11 attraction reviews
“Thank goodness for hot cholocate!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

As part of my study abroad program, my classmates and I were bused up the mountain for a peak at the infamous volcano. We were instructed to "bring a jacket" but we thought "hey, it's Costa Rica! How cold could it really be?" All I can say is once you rise above the could line, Costa Rica gets COLD! The view of the volcano was beautiful since the clouds were hovering below the crater, but the wind only made the weather colder. I wish I had better prepared for the climate so I could have spent more time exploring the park. On a warmer side, the muffins and hot chocolate available made the cold tollerable.

Visited June 2012
New Hampshire
96 attraction reviews
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at Poas shortly after it opened. We parked our car and took the very easy walk up to the crater. When we first arrived, it was very cloudy and we could see absolutely nothing. I knew others talked about hanging around to see if it would clear, but instead, we walked over to the lake, perhaps 15 to 20 minute walk. While there, it too was cloudy/foggy but there were definitely patches that would come through here and there for a picture op. Instead of heading around the loop, we went back to the crater and found it clear. Wonderful pictures and an amazing sight. We were able to do all of this and get back to our B&B for a 12 noon check out and then off to catch our flight out. I would definitely recommend this for a nice morning or afternoon walk.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We couldnt ask for more, my children were impressed and the tour guide from Waves and Trails (Adriana) was very good, she even took us to Sarchi to get a nice oxcard (hand painted) after the visit to the Poas Volcano, I recommend doing the volcano tour early in the morning so you avoid the clouds.

Visited October 2012