“Just what I was looking for.” 4 of 5 stars

Vista Linda Montana
Tambor Tuetal norte, 1.5km oeste de la iglesia, Alajuela 20101, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 53 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Just what I was looking for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was looking for a quiet place close to the airport with a garden with birds on property. For the place I find it hard to beat this place. Nice views of mountains and of the sunset. Owner do a great job and are friendly. Food was simple but good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Vista Linda Montana on our last night in Costa Rica. Although Interbus refused to bring us there, we easily found a taxi (less than a minute after being dropped off by Interbus) to take us there from near the airport. We were impressed with the location - what a lovely view of the valley and surrounding hillsides we had from our small balcony outside our room, and the grounds were well kept. The hostess was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean and comfortable, and we took advantage of ordering dinner since we knew from others' reviews that we'd be a distance from town (though we learned upon arrival we there was an option to take a bus from just outside the gate into town for little money and that ran regularly - though we did not try it out). Dinner at Vista Linda Montana was good and affordable. We also enjoyed playing fetch with the yellow lab. One caution though is that we had purposefully spent down our cash since we had just one night left in Costa Rica, but found out upon arrival that we needed to pay in cash. We scraped together our US dollars and colones and had just enough to pay for the room, dinner and even three beers, but it would have felt less stressful had we known in advance we needed to pay in cash. The hostess arranged for our taxi to the airport (including a stop along the way to get cash to pay for the taxi ride), and also made us coffee, tea and sandwiches as we were departing earlier than the usual breakfast hour. That was a great start to our long travel day! We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbiaville MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Vista Linda Montana. We only stayed one night, but the room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We did have a bit of trouble finding the place and had to get a taxi to lead us. Some signs along the way would have helped a lot. It was about 10 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013
Sooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Vista Linda at the start and end of our vacation to Costa Rica. Booking was smooth and emails were answered promptly by Augustine. We were picked up at the airport (15 minutes away) by Augustine, who helped us with information and further tour and travel arrangements. Renate, the owner, is a warm, friendly and very welcoming host. The hotel is small, immaculately clean, and the view is beautiful out over the valleys and distance volcanoes. We had dinner there 2 nights, simple and delicious. Breakfasts were fresh fruit, cheese, meat and toast shared with other guests on the covered deck. I would highly recommend this hotel, it is a very good value for the excellent service and accommodation.
Sheila and Glen

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the valley
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had booked this hotel as it was a good price and close to the airport for an early morning get away. Unfortunately I booked for the wrong month. Fortunately for me, there was a room available and the hostess was very welcoming and helpful. The views from the property are terrific and they property is nicely landscaped. The room was big and modern and a nice comfy chair. There was a teddy bear as an extra welcoming touch. They have a nice breakfast on a downstairs patio and you can get dinner for an extra cost. Dinner may be a bit more than a local restaurant but the scenery while you dine is hard to beat.

I only downgraded the location due to the surrounding area and getting to the hotel. The approach to the property is less developed than the property itself. The frontage is enclosed with a green vinyl chain link fence. You need to get out of you car to press a bell to get the gate to open and enter. It is further than a comfortable walk to any shops or transportation so you need your own car to get there. There is a small car park on site.

There is also a nice friendly yellow lab on site as well and he will be your friend if you are up to throwing a slobbery ball for him. Otherwise, he will leave you alone. The hostess is very sweet and she even got up a 4:00 am to wave me off and wish me a good journey. I was really impressed with the hospitality, view and value of this hotel and would recommend it to anyone coming to Costa Rica.

• Stayed February 2013
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I had a great experience here at the beginning and end of our Costa Rica trip. Renate and Augustine were very helpful and super friendly. They found a rental car for us that was dropped off and picked up from the hotel, saving us time and worry. The views from the patio are pretty tough to beat, too. A great alternative to staying in a chain hotel by the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. You can see Volcan Poas steaming in the morning.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was a very nice and pleasant stay at your hotel and I really enjoyed being at your place at my last night in Costa Rica. Time was too short but I can highly recomment this place as it is wonderful and I was warmly welcomed by Renate including sandwich service plus beer. Next day wake up service as otherwise I would have missed my plane (mobile phone did not work). Best place I had during my 14 days stay in Costa Rica and I would love to come back as soon as possible. Great thanks to Renate !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Vista Linda Montana? Share your experiences!