I had booked this hotel as it was a good price and close to the airport for an early morning get away. Unfortunately I booked for the wrong month. Fortunately for me, there was a room available and the hostess was very welcoming and helpful. The views from the property are terrific and they property is nicely landscaped. The room was big and modern and a nice comfy chair. There was a teddy bear as an extra welcoming touch. They have a nice breakfast on a downstairs patio and you can get dinner for an extra cost. Dinner may be a bit more than a local restaurant but the scenery while you dine is hard to beat.
I only downgraded the location due to the surrounding area and getting to the hotel. The approach to the property is less developed than the property itself. The frontage is enclosed with a green vinyl chain link fence. You need to get out of you car to press a bell to get the gate to open and enter. It is further than a comfortable walk to any shops or transportation so you need your own car to get there. There is a small car park on site.
There is also a nice friendly yellow lab on site as well and he will be your friend if you are up to throwing a slobbery ball for him. Otherwise, he will leave you alone. The hostess is very sweet and she even got up a 4:00 am to wave me off and wish me a good journey. I was really impressed with the hospitality, view and value of this hotel and would recommend it to anyone coming to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nice little cozy Hotel in Alajuela, Costa Rica. Near the airport and San Jose. Spectacular view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Vista Linda Montana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Linda Montana Hotel Alajuela
- Vista Linda Montana Costa Rica/Alajuela