My husband and I just stayed at the Cortez Azul for the first and last days of our honeymoon. It was super cheap and we just loved it.
- Very friendly staff (we quickly made friends with Luis and Johanna, who were managing the place when we stayed there. Love them!)
- Cute open-air kitchen with all the amenities you need to cook or bake whatever you'd like
- Lots of personality (interesting artwork and nice garden area)
- Free wifi
- cable tv
- the water in our room (#6) only barely made it out of the freezing cold zone
- beds were not the most comfortable in the world
If you are interested in a low-cost place with a lot of personality, this is a great one. If you're interested in luxury, not so much the place for you.