My husband and I just stayed at the Cortez Azul for the first and last days of our honeymoon. It was super cheap and we just loved it.
- Very friendly staff (we quickly made friends with Luis and Johanna, who were managing the place when we stayed there. Love them!)
- Cute open-air kitchen with all the amenities you need to cook or bake whatever you'd like
- Lots of personality (interesting artwork and nice garden area)
- Free wifi
- cable tv
- the water in our room (#6) only barely made it out of the freezing cold zone
- beds were not the most comfortable in the world
If you are interested in a low-cost place with a lot of personality, this is a great one. If you're interested in luxury, not so much the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Cortez Azul Hotel Alajuela
- Cortez Azul Hotel
- Hotel Cortez Azul Costa Rica/Alajuela
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To fly in and out of Costa Rica for convenience may need to stay near an airport and the Juan Santamaria in Alajuela. The hotel is conveniently located Cortez Azul near the most important airport in Costa Rica. Alajuela is located only 2 km away and about 5 minutes from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hotel Cortez Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.