“Best place to stay in alajuela” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Pacande Bed & Breakfast
via Poas Volcano | 3 km from Alajuela downtown, Alajuela, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #17 of 53 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Nosara, Costa Rica
“Best place to stay in alajuela”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are an Italian couple leaving in Nosara. We had to stay in Alajela to buy a lot of prodact to start the new season. As we have one dog we where looking for a place out side from the city with some garden where our dog could stay confortable. We stay three night in this bed and breakfast and we really like the ospitality,the couple managing the place help us a lot: they where very helpfull on giving us information about the area, the best place where to do the shopping and they where very frendly with our dog.
The brekfast included was excellent and the room simple and confortable. If we need one day to go beck to Alajuela for sure we are going to stay in this place againg.
Best wishes for the Luca

Chiara and Juri

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Eventhough we did not spend tIme in San Jose area, we started and finished our trip at Villa Pacande (Alajuela). The room was very clean and comfortable but the best at this place is the owner (Marcela).
She helped us a lot in starting our trip and connected us with car rental agency very reliable and with a good price. Also she provided us some important information. Very helpfull and friendly!
The breakfast (included) was nice and you get for sure very good value for your money.
We are definitely recommend this nice place!

• Stayed June 2012
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed in Villa Pacande a few nights while in Costa Rica... I could not have been treated better! I've stayed all over the world in some of the best chains out there and few times have I been treated the way Marcela and her staff treated me! If you are traveling to Costa Rica and are going to be staying in Alajuela (really close to Juan Santamaria Int'l airport) this is the place to stay! The landscape is beautiful, the rooms are nice and clean and my favorite, the bathrooms don't look like a NYC alley! Hell I even fell in love with her dog Toby.. a mut, yes... not the prettiest dog I've come accross, true... but sweet as can be! They will cook you breakfast in the morning... good breakfast not some stale mini muffins and old coffee water! The Chicken Pacande we had for dinner was... AWESOME!!!!!!!!! (must try!) One last thing, if you're renting a car or if you're interested in a volcano tour, rafting, or those cable things that throw you from mountain to mountain (I didn't do that, too much of a wimp!) ask Marcela to help you out, she gladly did it for me without me asking her too... and saved me quite a bit! I was about to get slaughtered by some flim flam car rental company until she saved me! At the end of the day that's what it comes down to... GREAT SERVICE... and the folks over at Villa Pacande have it figured out!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We spent the night here before flying home the next afternoon. Charming hostess Marcela made our visit very pleasant; she even cooked dinner for us because there are not restaurants close by. Good breakfast in a beautiful garden; a great place to sit, relax and enjoy the morning before the flight home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I had booked another place in Alajuela but it was in the center of town and not what I was looking for.The taxi driver thought I would like Villa Pacande and he was right! I showed up without a reservation and was so thankful that Marcela had a nice clean room for me.
I had a nice patio to myself with a view of the garden and surrounding trees.
Breakfast was wonderful and fresh,lots of fresh fruit and eggs to order.
Taxi rides to town and local restaurants were $5-10
I will stay here again when I return to Costa Rica,felt like family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
florence
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed there upon arrival and before leaving the country. It is exactly what you need after long flight or before one. You need to have your own car to get there. I recommend it!

Room Tip: Thre are rooms with a balcony, these are the nicest.