“No Quality Control!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Alabaster, Alabama
“No Quality Control!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We really wanted to like this restaurant so we kept giving it a second, and a third chance. They have run out of chances with us. Our previous meals have been below par, but we were always with a large group so we incorrectly assumed that was part of the reason for the poor quality food. This last visit was just the two of us and the meal was such a waste of money. Our steaks were not cooked as ordered, my medium steak was bleeding all over my plate and my husbands steak was to the opposite extreme, it was so overcooked he described it like he was eating shoe leather. Both were laden with fat. Our potatoes were so old and so cold the butter wouldn't melt. Our server never asked us about our meal, just dropped off the bill and disappeared. I can't understand how any cook would have let these meals go out the kitchen door. When we went to the counter to pay the hostess inquired as to how we liked our meal and I said, "Well, it was just ok". She replied "Oh, great, that's wonderful". Really? The O'Bryan's in Ford City is so much better. We will never return to this branch as it's so obvious there is no quality control whatsoever and no one is minding the store.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Georgia
“Very good dinner and a good value as well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we stepped into this Steakhouse near the park, we noted the eclectic decor. The menu is pretty much standard for an American steakhouse, but they have a good salad bar rather than house salads. Hubby ordered the Delmonico steak, and I had Hawaiian chicken. He said his meal was excellent, and I would rate mine as good. Foe the prices paid, these were a good value as well.

Service was good, but we ate at an off time so the restaurant was almost empty.

If you are in Tuscumbia, this is a good spot.

Visited March 2014
Tuscumbia, Alabama
“Really Good Salad Bar!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The salad bar has just about everything you could possible want. However, you are rolling the dice on a steak. Once we ordered medium well for my son, one half was medium rare the other half was well done. And if you ordered a steak cooked medium it is either medium well or medium rare. Just not a favorite of ours....take the extra time to drive to Florence to a steakhouse!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Enterprise, Alabama
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

It took awhile to get our food and our server didn't seem very happy. Another server, named David, pitched in and was bringing us drinks and helping out a great deal. He really impressed me and saved the experience. I was the only one who got the steak exactly as ordered but it was because it was well-done. Not the best steak I ever had but ti was pretty good. Great salad bar. Really good atmosphere. You can't go wrong eating here unless you really like your steak medium. Very reasonable prices. Around $75 plus tip for five, including two appetizers.

Visited February 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great salad bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I love the salad bar! Whether it's dining in or carrying out, it's easy to make an awesome salad. They have ham, cheese, pepperoni and other ingredients to create the ultimate salad! Their salad dressings are very tasty too! The steaks are good but don't be expecting a thick-cut steak (that is why many people have commented less than positively about the steak). I love the steak here! Their Philly sandwich and hamburger steak make great lunch items as well! They are open for dinner as well but I prefer to stop in for lunch. The owners Lisa & Greg are very nice people.

• Visited December 2013