“Best Stay since Ive been doing Fishing trips” 5 of 5 stars

Key West Inn Tuscumbia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 US 72 W, Tuscumbia, AL 35674   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tuscumbia
Tupelo, Arkansas
“Best Stay since Ive been doing Fishing trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I had check with a "new" hotel next door, and they were pricey and standard. But I was hesitant of Key West at first because it seem to have age to it....When I came in the Office, I was greeted with a warm welcome and the place looked and smelled very clean. The rates were exactly what I was looking for, They understand that comfort doesn't have to come at a high price. There were outside plug-ins so that i could plug my boat up and I could park my boat with in site of my room window. The rooms were more than I expected and as clean as any 5 star hotel you could have stayed at. They had coffee first thing in the morning and the staff was easy to converse with. The grounds were very clean and I will be staying again during the Upcoming Bass Master's so yall save a plug for me. and Again it was a very enjoyable stay, A++++ RATINGS.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We were visiting the area for fishing competition. We had reservation at the "brand name " place but the place did not have enough parking and we decided to try Key West Inn. It was the best place to stay with newly renovated rooms and very spacious with very comfortable beds and all the modern amenities most of all polite and friendly staff to assist and help you any way to make our stay best. We told all the fisherman about it and soon there were about 25-30 boats in the parking lot . They have plenty of boat hook ups for all the boat. We had great time stay at the place and I would recommend this hotel for any travelers to at least visit this place once you won't be disappointed and price is also very reasonable compare to the service that they provide. I would highly recommend it .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dora,AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I booked TWO rooms for ONE night through Hotels.com, then had to cancel rooms. I had confirmation e-mail from Hotels.com that I cancelled rooms. I called Hotel to verify rooms had been cancelled. Then on my credit card was a charge for THREE rooms for ONE night and then ONE room for another night. To make a VERY LONG story short the hotel finally reversed the ONE room charge for the additional night but refused to reverse the other THREE rooms EVEN after Hotels.com offered to verify with them that they had been notifed of the cancellation within the time frame. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Now I have to Pay the credit card bill!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ALABAMA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

Will never stay here again! Was called 30 minutes before check out being told it was time to check out. As soon as we opened our hotel door the owner was standing there harassing us. Owner tried to add on additional charges and told us we had been recorded saying things we never said. Police were called out & they were proven in the wrong! These people are liars and scam artists!!! Check out the Better Business Bureau for more information

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Waynesboro VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Without exception, with decades of travel experiences, Key West Motel in Tuscumbia, Alabama deserves highest marks for the comfort and cleanliness of the room, the helpful advice and sincere concern regarding my stay, and their kind friendliness. This is an experience I look forward to, and plan on, repeating. I would recommend this motel to anyone, and certainly will to my friends. PMF -- Waynesboro, VA

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

made reservations a couple of weeks before our trip to Florence,
Alabama at this motel. we reserved a room for May 30,2008 thru June 7,2008 with a credit card and had a confirmation number. we arrived about 1:30AM on the 31st of May to find that our room had been rented to someone else because we didn't arrive before 12;00 that night even though they were told that we would be running late. because we had made this reservation with a credit card and was given a confirmation number it shouldn't have mattered about the time we arrived we were paying for it regardless. we had already driven over 9 hours to get there and we had to drive around in the middle of the night in a town that we knew nothing about for another 2-3 hours to find another place to stay. thank God this place had a room available for the whole week, so we stayed there. it was a great place, very friendly staff and super accomadations. it was the COMFORT INN right down the road from keywest inn. this was a horrible experience with this motel and I would NEVER consider staying there again or reccomending it to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

Me and guys in my work crew stayed here, to get some sleep during a job in Sheffield AL.
We checked in, in the afternoon and wanted to go straight to sleep.
Only 2 small towles in my room , good water pressure...
Some guy opened my door and woke me up, and apologized.. I then put the chain on the door.. I guess he was doing some kind of work for the hotel..
And then right as I was about to get back to sleep some kind of bug crawled across me and i smashed it on the the extra pillow.. and not caring anymore and being exhausted I went to sleep for 4 hours and went back to work.. Alot of noise from the highway also..

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Alot
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Key West Inn Tuscumbia? Share your experiences!