“A good place to stay for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3801 McFarland Blvd., Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Suwanee
“A good place to stay for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I choose this hotel based on Best Western's updating their hotels. Also, based on my limited per diem, it was affordable. I was concerned about noise when I discovered my room faced the interstate exit lane. However, I never heard anything when in the room. I was pleasantly surprised to see the room was newly painted and very comfortable. This is an older 2 story hotel with outside entrance to the rooms. It sits back off the road behind and O'Charleys restaurant but I never felt insecure entering or leaving my room. The breakfast was the routine buffet which I avoid. I did the first morning have a slice of toast with two sausage links. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property and for being our guest. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope that your travels will bring you back through our town and to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property is close to everything important in Tuscaloosa. Great selection of nearby shopping, dining, and five minutes from the U of A campus. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. Flat screen TV, ironing board, coffee maker, couch and coffee table, just to name a few amenities. The staff was helpful and professional. The complimentary breakfast had a good selection, and was well stocked. When visiting our Son in college there, we plan to return to this Best Western.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and loyal to the Best Western brand. We are happy to hear that your needs and expectations were met during your stay. We look forward to your return.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

though the Best Western is an older hotel/motel, it has been recently renovated. We were pleased with the great location, the cleanliness and service offered, and the comfortable and up-to-date rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your review of our property and are please to hear your stay was pleasant. The staff and management at Park Plaza Motor Inn enjoy when our guest let us know that they enjoyed their stay here. We hope for a return visit in the future.
Corona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Here to move my in son in for college. Very good location, clean, room very comfortable and furnished well, staff very pleasant, breakfast was well stocked and good choice of items. Chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon are very good and a favorite of my 14 year old. We were very impressed with this particular hotel and will definitely stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 205-556-9690.

Donna Massey
BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

On our way to Mentone, stopped in Tuscaloosa, Ala at the Best Western Park Plaza. The hotel was very easy to find from the interstate. At our check in the staff was super friendly and charming. The room was definitely subjected to quality control. We phoned the front desk when we thought the fridge wasn't getting cool. Maintenance came right away. He offered to move us but explained it was on a timer defrost that should have been set for the night hours. He reset it and it did cool off in an hour or so. The next morning, we met the maintenance guy out front and he inquired about the fridge, if it was ok. I found this extremely nice that he cared, especially knowing we were there for only one night. The breakfast was better than most. Instead of the dreaded waffle machine that always seems to make such a mess, there was a pancake machine. Pancakes came out in a minute or so and were light and fluffy. Decor of the hotel and rooms was tasteful. We loved the 3 elephants out front, and took a couple of pictures, even though we are LSU fans. It was well done and picture-worthy. We would definitely choose that hotel next time in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
The staff and management at Best Western Park Plaza thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your comments as each staff member here puts forth much effort to meet our guest expectations.

We look forward to your return in the future.
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am not accustomed to staying at Best Westerns, but I enjoy other similar hotel chains that usually cost a bit more. I recently planned a visit to Tuscaloosa, AL to keep a friend company while her daughter went through Sorority Rush at U of Alabama. There was a scarcity of hotel rooms available because of the number of parents of sorority-hopeful girls in town. I managed to secure a room at the Best Western. I wasn't expecting it to be as pleasant a stay as it was. The entire hotel was exceedingly clean, the room comfortable, and the staff friendly. I was thrilled to find they had Wi-Fi at no extra charge! There was a nice pool, as well. They offered free breakfast at no extra charge, and the food was hot, tasty, and plentiful. The value was excellent for what I paid. The hotel was located in a convenient area, and I was able to walk to O'Charley's for lunch or dinner. The thing that really struck me the most was how clean the hotel was, wherever I went, which is why I bring it up again. I would highly recommend this hotel to visitors to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The management and staff at Best Western Park Plaza are always glad to hear when we have met our guest highest expectations. We do hope that you will return soon.
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this establisment. Close to the University of Alabama and all shopping and restaurants. I recommend this Hotel to all visitors to Tuscaloosa Alabama. Breakfast was good, bed is nice, rooms are clean

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Donna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. The management and staff are pleased to know that your expectations were met during your recent stay at our property.

Been to BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn? Share your experiences!