“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

My folks stayed here overnight and they were pleased with this facility. They said it was convenient and very nice. They were happy with the flat screen tv, clean sheets, nice bathroom and the staff. It was a bit awkward to get into from the street though. They had to go back and forth and finally did a u-turn they weren't sure they should be doing, but that actually worked and they got in. Despite that, they would stay here again!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Waxahachie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed pre-renovation and post-renovation. I must say that they did an awesome job. I enjoyed the '70's style last time, but the 2012 is much more impressive. Comfortable bed, spacious room, good water pressure with decent bath towels. Breakfast did not disappoint either. Parking for about 6 trucks behing the restaurant next door.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised after reading the varied reviews. The staff is awesome!! The room we stayed in smelled of fresh paint and cleanser in a pleasant not overpowering way. The beds and pillows were soft and the room contained everything we needed. All I can say for the breakfast buffet is WOW. They made my morning by providing greek yogurt along with tons of other choices. I did not use the WiFi so I cannot comment on that. The pool was clean and refreshing. My only complaint would be that the air conditioner was noisy as another reviewer noted. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
El Fuerte, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Mold on the shower curtain. Wireless did not work in the room. I had to go to the lobby with my laptop to get the wireless to work so I could post a paper for my online class. Went to breakfast the next morning and the room key wouldn't work. After going to the front desk twice to get in my room they had to get maintenance to use the override on the door lock so my husband and I could get back in our room. I expected more from a Best Western at almost $100 a night. Not a cheap hotel to get this level of service. On a positive note all of the staff members were very friendly. However, I will not stay at this hotel again and I do not recommend it for travelers. There are much better options in this location at this price range.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Although the rooms were a bit older than some Best Westerns we’ve stayed in recently, they were clean. Sheets, towels, bedding smelled fresh. The staff was friendly and professional- no issues there. A/C was very noisy. Some of the nocturnal guests were a bit scary for a family with youngsters, but again the staff was wonderful. Hot breakfast was good especially the biscuits and gravy and fresh made waffles. Hotel was right off the highway so a tad noisy. There were several restaurants around to order from.

Room Tip: Families may want to stay away from hwy side and back.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
BillinAlabaster, Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thanks for your kind comments concerning the Best Western Park Plaza!
rogersville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

To start with the room stunk of filth. The lamps didn't even have light bulbs in them but all of that don't compare to what was going on there. I used this place to take my niece and girlfriend to the Alabama A-day game. My dad always said Best Western is a good place to stay so I used them. I won't again. I walked out of the room around 9 pm and there was a line next to my door of men. Come to find out there was at least 5 men having sex with a women next door and with the door wide open. I called the manager and she came by a HOUR later when all this was done with and told me I was lying. Stuff like that shouldn't go on anywhere especially around a family environment. The manager of the place actually called the police on me for pointing it out. I couldn't prove anything because nobody will admit seeing it but me beings she waited a hour to check it out. DO NOT AND I REITERATE DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Its a nasty sex house next to a interstate..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
The management and staff has tried unsuccessfully to get "Jay b" to respond to us regarding this post. We can not identify him or the incident described in this posting. Best Western is a family friendly hotel and was hosting a sold out weekend for the annual A Day football game at the University of Alabama. Obviously, there were no other complaints on this weekend.
Perdido, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My family stayed here for an overnight visit. The hotel is very reasonable and clean. They are in the middle of renovating but I'm not sure if the room we stayed in had been renovated because the tv was a big tube television. Our room was very clean. The beds and pillows were really comfortable. My husband liked the bed better than ours at home. The pool looked clean and inviting even though it was way too cold to get in. The breakfast area was typical of any hotel. They did have a good selection of breakfast items to chose from. It was a great breakfast for a continental breakfast. The only thing we didn't like was the juice. It was very watered down.

Room Tip: You probably wouldn't want a room on the side facing the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BillinAlabaster, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your kind comments! We strive to exceed your expectations every day. The renovations this year to the hotel, we hope, have made a great impact on your experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Park Plaza Motor Inn? Share your experiences!