“Very pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Brandon, MS
“Very pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The only negative is that our room, which had a balcony, was facing the interstate so a bit loud. Otherwise, great room w nice stand up shower, great staff who accommodated a late check out, and a nice workout room overlooking the indoor pool.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

A sudden family event required a five night stay in Tuscaloosa, AL. I have stayed in the city previously, but had made the Hampton Inn close to the university my preferred hotel. The Courtyard Marriott had a better rate and as it is just off the interstate, made it easier to go back and forth to the smaller rural town I needed to spend time in. My original booking was for two nights ( Wed& Thurs) in a regular king room, but I was able to extend the reservation into five nights and upgrade to a suite room ( to accommodate wife and kids) in a very easy and efficient way. The rate change , with a AAA discount, went from $119 to $139.

The staff is extremely polite ( southern hospitality!) and well trained. The hotel does a made-to-order breakfast in the morning ( about $9 ) and an evening happy hour with hot appetizers and cocktails. ( drinks were about $6 ).

I would highly recommend this hotel because of the location to local restaurants ( mostly chains), stores, shopping, hospital, the college, etc. Tuscaloosa is an hour from the Birmingham airport. Having a comfortable place to rest and relax during the stressful days there made a tremendous difference and I would certainly stay at the Courtyard again.

Room Tip: There is a morning train that passes through the area during weekday mornings. My first room was on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

stayed one night on our way from New Orleans to Atlanta

nice, clean and quite hotel (our room is not facing to highway)

keep motorcycle in front of the gate so we slept well without thinking motorcycle's safety

lot of restaurants close by

Room Tip: ask room not facing highway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We always strive to present the best possible experience for every guest, everytime. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a great trip to New Orleans. We hope to see you again soon!!
East Hanover, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Beds were super comfy and clean .very close to the University of Alabama and shopping. We stayed here when moving our daughter into college. Two thumbs up. Great little food area when you walk in . Hot breakfast but slow service. Woman who takes your order is a sweetheart. RollnTide

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, and it was our pleasure having you with us!! At the Courtyard Tuscaloosa, we always do everything we can to make each individual guest experience more enjoyable. We look forward to having you back again soon!!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night because I had to extend our stay and the hotel we'd been in was full. It's lovely. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the bathroom was exceptionally clean. The ladies at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. It doesn't offer breakfast but that didn't bother me at all - there are plenty of places to eat. There is a pool and a gym, so next time I'll come prepared.. Check out is at noon, which was helpful. Most places have check out at 11. They slipped my invoice under the door so that I didn't have to do anything in the morning other than pack up and leave. I would stay here again without question.

Green Features: I love this! I've never seen the need to have fresh towels every day on a multi-night-stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good rooms, nicely appointed. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are large. It's kind of a hard hotel to find but I enjoyed it when I found it. It's close to the University, shopping and restaurants. I'll be back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham,Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel using a free night from my Marriot Rewards program. I had a King room with a balcony which was very good to have. No free breakfast but there are plenty of places to pick from nearby. They don't just have fast food close by. There are sit down restaurants as well. There is also a movie theatre very close by. The lobby is very modern and inviting.

Surrounding area was just as good and was close to everything but far enough away to not deal with the hustle and bustle of life. The Pool area with Jacuzzi is amazing and closes at 11pm so if you get back late you can still enjoy it.

I would stay here again if I was going to come to the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Its worth it because the sun rises and can wake you up in the morning...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!