“Great location for University” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Allen, Texas
“Great location for University”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location close to the U of Alabama campus. Good breakfast and friendly staff. The heater was a bit noisy in the room which I typically like to drown out the noise from everything else going on but my wife did not like it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were visiting UA so we stayed at the Hampton for 2 nights. We paid approx. $130+ during non-football season weekday visit. It was clean and my 17 y/o loved the bedding. It is in a GREAT location and everyone was very friendly. I LOVED that they had directions for every place I wanted to go - already preprinted on little slips of paper. I was very impressed because I asked for directions to a small local deli and they had those ready! The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because our room (129) was near the trash dumpsters and both mornings at 6:15 I heard a lot of noise as the trash was picked up. The first morning it went on for 10 minutes and I couldn't get back to sleep...very disappointing because I was exhausted from flying the previous day. The breakfast is fair...definitely not the best I have ever had. They had waffles, and a few other hot items like oatmeal and sausage and an unappetizing egg dish plus all the standard continental things like fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. I also thought the cookies at night were a nice touch. The restaurant next door - Baumhowe's is fantastic. I also used the fitness room. The treadmill wasn't working, but they had a few other cardio pieces plus free weights and another weight machine that was very adaptable to different weight lifting moves. I know there are cheaper places to stay during non-peak days, but I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I spent two weeks at the Tuscaloosa Hampton Inn – University while on business. It was perfect! I can’t think of any improvements. It has just been freshened up with carpets, etc. and is clean as can be. Linens feel and smell as if you are in the lap of luxury and the bed had the best feel that you could imagine. Great access to University, as it is practically right across the street, but not in the middle of the crowds and it is right on US-82 connecting with I-20, I-59 and I-359. The entire staff, from the maintenance workers, house keeping, desk staff and the manager made you feel totally at home, and then to top it off were the warm cookies before bed. The breakfast was nutritious, filling and quite tasty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I am a little surprised that this hotel ranks #7....it is FABULOUS!!! Great location, friendly people, and the best part....clean, clean, CLEAN!!!! My son and I were in town to visit the University of Alabama and the front desk was extremely helpful at check-in (warm cookies at 7 p.m. in the lobby!) and check-out....even giving me a map of where the nearest drugstore was located!!! (We had forgotten something....of course!) Will I stay here again? YOU BET!!!! My only disappointment...and disappointment is much too strong a word.....would be the breakfast. Not bad, but I would have given the hotel an "excellent" rating if the breakfast were a little better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night of the Iron Bowl. It was awesome! Besides being in a very clean room, with comfortable bedding, the lobby was the best tailgate! Before and after the game there was lots of food and conversation. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We came down with our son to visit Bama. What a treat. Young ladies at desk were students and could not have been sweeter. Olivia helped us with restaurants and directions and answered as many questions as we had. Complimentary breakfast was nice and fresh popcorn and sodas were a nice welcome back treat after long day of touring the campus. Would definitely return here.

• Stayed November 2012
Wausau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a preferred location for our corporation. I confirm that it is a good choice. Normally I would not give away excellent ratings but to simply say they are very good would be short from the reality. The next time I an in town it will be this place again. It also helps to have a great place to eat next door.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hampton Inn - University? Share your experiences!