“Did not get room service” 2 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4122 McFarland Blvd East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405-3833   |
Ranked #24 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
“Did not get room service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at other affordable hotels but La Quinta Inn was without a doubt the worst! Room service came in at 10 am on my first stay even though I had prepaid for 2 nights and check out times are at noon. Since I was sleeping I told them to come back, and they never did, they didnt even leave clean towels. When I reported this to the front desk, I was told to come get my towels in person.

I was also very dissatisfied with the breakfast. All they had was 1 waffle machine for everyone, so you can imagine the long line and wait.

I do not recommend this hotel at all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cohutta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed at this motel several times the last 2 years while visiting my granddaughter at school and ball games. Roll Tide! Until this trip the desk help has been extremely friendly and helpful. Not sure what happened, but this trip they acted like it was an inconvenience for me to even walk in the door. After driving in pouring rain for over 5 hours, I took my bags to the room and left to go get something to eat. Upon my return, I discovered the room wasn't very clean. There was trash in the floor, no trash can liners in the trash cans, hair in the sink and no ash tray in a smoking room. I went to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room and was told there were no other rooms available. I'm sure that wasn't true because the parking lot wasn't very full. I was also told there were no ash trays, but they would give me an extra wash cloth so I could clean the sink.
When I went to the lobby for coffee the next morning there was none and I asked if they would be making more coffee and was met with a blank stare. Finally, the woman did make more coffee, but wasn't happy about it.
Sorry, La Quinta, but I won't be staying with you again.

Room Tip: Avoid the place unless you want dirty rooms and unfriendly people.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Worst stay in motel I've had They gave me a dirty room an got mad with me when I told them my room hadn't been cleaned. NOISEY also. Front desk clerks make you feel like you're bothering them. Cleaning person kept ramming the vacuum into the wall next door waking me up. Non -accommodating employees. I'll take my business elsewhere and encourage others to do the same

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean but worn. There is no elevator to get luggage to the upper floor. They refused to take their coupon claiming there were blackout days on the weekend. However the coupon said valid all days. The beds appear to be full not queen so with two of us it was crowded. I would not stay there again. There are many other hotels within a half mile.

• Stayed March 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were looking for a pet friendly hotel and we were extremely pleased with the location, cleanliness and comfort of out stay. I signed up for rewards program and have already recommended LaQuinta to all my dog loving friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our stay was memorable, The staff was both helpful and professional. The room was very clean and the beds were confortable. I would recommend thos hotel to anyone passing thru. The staff at all the La Quinta hotels are well trained and their goal it to make your experience pleasant.

I great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!