“older hotel, close to freeway” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Priceville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wow - this has to be the worst hotel I'd ever stayed in. I just needed somewhere to sleep earlier this year (was in town for the air show), so I didn't need anything fancy - this one was close and in my price range - despite the reviews I had read (most were bad, a few were good) and the fact that I had friends staying here, I decided to go on and book a room. I am a girl and was traveling alone, which I do alot, so I didn't think anything of it. This place was in a very shady area. People were outside all hours of the night, I was at the very end of the building and had to park at the end where it wasn't well lit. People were always standing around outside at nearby businesses. There was some sort of construction guys there staying, they always made sure they'd park right in front of my room (even tho they didn't stay on that end and there was plenty of other places) and would just stand in front of my window and talk. The staff wasn't very welcoming and the room was dirty. I wouldn't walk on the carpets barefoot. I got a room with two beds and the sheets and pillow cases on one of the beds had some sort of sweat looking stains on them, the lamps were dirty and had mold on them - there was also a horrible smell in the room. The door didn't go all the way to the floor, so I woke up to bugs in the room every morning. I wasn't expecting resort type accommodations, but this was unreal. I went to the room one of my friends was staying in, it was a little better, but it still wasn't fantastic.

Room Tip: If they try to put you in the very end room on the bottom floor DON'T STAY IN THAT ROOM! I'...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Yes um, this southern dump is the worst place to stay. filthy rooms, doors, showers, etc. I actually wore my "flip flops" in the shower. Room was never cleaned in my 4 night stay. New towels, soap and those coffee inserts. Door was ridiculous, had to be slammed to close and the use of a shoulder push to get it open. I wish there was a lower rating than terrible.
One thing I have to say is that the staff (front desk) are very nice. I did not even complain because what could they do? The place is just plain old worn down.
In these parts "budget" hotels are trashed by college football fans 6 or more times a year.
I paid average $49.00 per night. Im sleeping in my van for the next 4 days and showering at a fitness center.

Room Tip: just dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brownscille, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Old building. Outside doors. No Internet and no help from staff except try again. Ar with apparent homeless couple outside our door for hours. Got up to bathroom and greeted by cockroaches. Can't believe past good reviews.

Room Tip: Don't stop here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

A great staff to be of any service one would need or want. The room are clean and the overall accommodations are great. The staff makes you feel welcome and treat you as if family. I would recommed this hotel for it's location and ease to get to and from Bryant Denny Stadium.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Friends, We have visited Tuscaloosa for the past 6 yrs and each stay we always reserved our rooms at LQ. Rooms are clean and fresh, beds are comfortable with excellent mattress quality, but most of all the establishment cares about you and your guest and goes the extrra mile to insure your room is A#1 and along with the free breakfast this is just about the most friendly that we have ever stayed at and we travel extensivley We applaud Ms Shirley on her efforts to make sure your stay is the best possible..Thanks again LQ staff John W Anlage

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

As a business traveler I normally stay at La Quinta. This trip was for pleasure to see an Alabama football game and my wife was with me. This is an old hotel but the room was clean and the desk staff very friendly. They especially took time to help us get shuttle service to the game. Slightly overpriced La Quinta due to its age. The best tip I got and used was ask to stay on the side away from the highway when booking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family