“Did Not Improve Over the Years” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4122 McFarland Blvd East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405-3833   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Lauderdale, Mississippi
“Did Not Improve Over the Years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Ten years ago, I married my wife and during our honeymoon trip we spent a night here. We found it a nice and clean and probably would have recommended it to anyone. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that ten years ago was the last time they changed the room. We decided to book a room here through Hotel.com while heading to Atlanta. When we first showed up, we waited for 15 minutes and nobody showed at the front desk. We left and returned an hour later. Lady behind desk was nice enough. The room was roomy but that was the only good point. Waterstains on ceiling, trash left in cans, broken fridge, only one towel in bathroom, funky odor in room (We found it was coming from bedsheets. We broke out sleeping bags from camping trip.). List goes on and on and on. Outside the room it got worse. Ice machine didn't work. Vending machines broken. Pool closed for season (In July in the south). The air conditioner DID work, which was pleasant surprise. To add insult to injury, breakfast was closed in morning since that ran out of food. Recommend sleeping in your car over staying here.

Room Tip: Go across the Interstate.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

room was not clean the staff was very smart mouth , it was storming so we stop to rest , I was told my AARP was not taken there nor did my points matter. She was on her cell not concerned about us at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
South TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We have stopped here a couple of times, as it is a good resting point on our drive to the Smoky Mountains. The positives are that it is near the freeway, the staff is polite and friendly, and it is clean. The negative is it could use an update. For our purposes, just to grab some sleep before heading out early for Sevierville, it is fine. No safety issues that I could see. Just a clean, if dated, room and nice staff, and very reasonable rates.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

LQ regulars will recognize the rooms; they will have been seeing them for decades. But, the room was clean. All outside rooms. Breakfast plain, as expected. Staff were all friendly and helpful; but not well-informed about LQ returns Elite benefits. I had to ask for my water, explain the upgrade, and explain the late checkout privileges. Internet service was occasionally interrupted. BUT, the price is low and if you know what you are getting in advance you should be satisfied with an overnight stay. The place just shows its age.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Typical older motel. You get what you pay for and in this case, that is a bed and a bathroom, and some freeway noise, and some loud guests in an adjacent room and some updating needed. No need to stay here unless the rate is cheaper; there are better choices if price is not paramount.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
abilene, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

My daughter and I were travelling alone with the grandkids and two dogs from Texas to North Carolina. This was our half way point and we needed a place that allowed pets. We paid 49.00 for the room and all I can say is you get what you pay for. The rooms are outside rooms and although we were safe there...I didn't feel like we were. The room had a funny smell, hair in the sink, and stains on the sheets. Thank goodness I was so tired that I didn't notice the stains on the sheet until the next morning. I did point this out to the front desk the next morning. The breakfast was your typical La Quinta breakfast. Knowing what I know now...I wished we had drove on in to Birmingham and stayed at the Homewood location. It was much nicer and in a better location with inside rooms.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Snellville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

LQ is one of my favorite motels. Very clean and well appointed. Coffee maker and Microwave. Large bath and good shower. Wireless intrernet works very well after I went to Walmart and purchased a G adaptor. Excellent rate.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!