“Good value!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Chatom, Alabama
“Good value!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This Quality Inn is a good choice for the price. I have stayed at several hotels in the Tuscaloosa area. They all are pretty much the same quality. However, the prices can be quite different. This one is priced more realistically for the level of hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was quiet and clean. The hotel is off the main road but that makes it quieter than others. I will be staying again. Why pay more for the same thing?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

When I checked in the staff was amazing. Then I looked every where in the room and it was clean. The swimming pool was great as well; and the best part was the bed it was comfortable, soft, and clean

• Stayed June 2012
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

They lost half the name off this motel. It should be called Low-Quality Inn. The first thing that tipped me off was the smell. Our non-smoking room smelled like a Camel factory. Next was the bathroom. Couldn't close the door because two of the hinges were pulled off of the frame - so much for privacy! All of the towels and washcloths were stained from make-up or other unknown (yuck) substance. Newer toilet set? forget about it - an old painted over one. All in all a bad experience and a disappointment, as other Quality hotels I have stayed in were much better in "quality".

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

When we arrived, we found clothes from a previous guest in the closet, which cast serious doubts on how well the room had been cleaned prior to our arrival. When we mentioned it to the front desk, they didn't even offer to come get the clothes. The cable picture was full of static - thankfully, we didn't really have much of a need for watching television. Connecting to the wireless internet required another trip down to the front desk... it did not work as the instructions in the room stated, and basically we were told to keep trying and it "magically" starts working. The place isn't filthy, but we will definitely look for another place to stay the next time we are in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
new orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I reserved a non-smoking room at this hotel. When I arrived, I was given a smoking room. When I called the front desk I was told that the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. No offer to find me another room elsewhere, no offer to reduce the price of the room (which was raised quite high due to graduation!) The room stunk horribly! It smelled like a bar the day after a football game! I woke up with a headache from the terrible smell. The rooms and hotel in general is very tired looking. It's quite difficult to find at night, down a dark industrial road. I would never go here again and would warn others not to either.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Radford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We picked this hotel while going to New Orleans because we stayed here back in 2005 and it was pretty good. Well things change in 6 years. The room itself was not bad. It was just an average looking, fairly clean hotel room. However the pool was a disgrace. At night it became absolutely full of drinking, partying thugs and ttruckers, despite the "no alcohol" sign on the fence beside it. Also the outside of the hotel is tacky looking. we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

This was a trip to see our daughter at school but I had to work during the day. The wireless network was easy to hook up and I didn't have problems with it dropping. There was plenty of space on the desk for me to work and even the chair was comfortable. The room was clean and staff friendly. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home. I have been having lower back problems and after 4 nights the pain was gone. I am getting a new home matress soon; the rates were sure cheaper than any doctor would have billed and the "cure" less invasive than anything they would have come up with. A great find.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!