“Excellent experience with southern hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
USA
“Excellent experience with southern hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I stayed here during probably the busiest weekend of the year in Tuscaloosa and as is usually the case, my experience was much better than the typical crappy review.

The two-floor lobby was all decked out in Alabama football gear, and was barely in the door before the woman at the front desk welcomed me in. Check in was a piece of cake, and they had drinks and fresh cookies awaiting the guests.

My room was at the top of the stairs (overlooking the lobby) and I was concerned about how noisy it'd be so close to all that foot traffic. I'm also a very light sleeper. However, I didn't hear anything, either from outside the room or from bordering rooms.

The rooms were your basic room, certainly not brand new, but clean despite normal wear and tear.

The continental breakfast was your typical breakfast, but the woman attendant was more than hospitable in making everyone their requested waffles and ensuring we had everything we needed for our breakfasts.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot restaurants/bars within easy/convenient walking distance of the hotel, other than a Chili's, but that wasn't a concern of mine. There is plenty of stuff within a mile or so though.

There's a pool, which looked basic but clean, but I didn't go in.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

came down to tuscaloosa with my wife to watch the penn state vs. alabama game. Had a great time in the city. This is the first game i saw in alabama stadium and it was an experience of a life time! Hotel staff was very helpful with giving us directions around town and places to go out. Room was also really good. Nice, Clean, and Comfortable. I know where i'm gonna stay next time i am in T-town!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were big and had a fridge and microwave A good value and location.

• Stayed September 2010
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and it was so quite and it made me feel like I was right at home. When I came through the door I was greeted with a smile my a young lady by the name of Demitria she checked me in with no problem. When I woke up the next morning and went down stairs to breakfast and someone made me pancakes. I don't get that kind of service at home it really felt like I was at a 5 star hotel. I would refer anyone to this hotel keep up the good work guys.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I travel to Tuscaloosa about three times a month for business. Most of the time I've stayed at Hamptons, Holiday Inns and others. We're doing cut backs as we all are so I tryed to save some money and booked a room at the Ramada. To my suprise this was a very nice hotel. The check in was quick and the young lady had hot cookies waiting for the guest. Even offered to make a fresh coffee at midnight. I thought this was sweet! The rooms are dated but very spacious. Nice!!! There are a few things this hotel needs but for the price and the wonderful service you'll receive its very well worth trying..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
BillIcy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

I brought my family in for a trip from Sedona, Arizona for just a getaway and needless to say I was very impressed by the way you all kept it spotless with room service that was tremendous. We not only enjoyed the service but knew that when we got done with a fun day I knew that we would come into a nice luxurious hotel full of relaxation and comfort. I believe that I can speak for all of us and say we really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Franklin, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

We had a wonderful experience at the Ramada Tuscaloosa. Our check in was fast and Debra was an excellent staff member. Everyone was helpful and their breakfast was very good for continental. A staff member even made waffles for our girls. The homemade cookies were a nice touch. I could also tell that the entire staff enjoyed working together which made for a very nice atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!