“Breakfast with Ms. Ella” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Arlington, Texas
“Breakfast with Ms. Ella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

This is a great hotel with hte service and value you would expect from a Ramada. What sets it apart is Breakfast with Ms. Ella

Many hotels offer free Continental breakfat but the don't have Ms. Ella! Her wit and charm na dfantastic service make the start of the day so enjoyable. Not to mention those pefect golden brown waffles she creates.

When you start the day with breakfast with Ms. Ella, you just know it is going be a fantasstic day.

If you are passing through Tuscaloosa be sure to stay at the Ramada and don't skip breakfast!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
goofy0125
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and will never go back!

First of all, we had a non-smoking room reserved and upon check-in we were told that they had given our room away and were stuck with a smoking room. Once we entered the room we were greeted by a horrible smell of urine and smoke! There was old urine on the toilet seat and the floor around the toilet. There were also hairs on the seat cover and toilet tank.

The bathtub looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years! There was a half emptied bottle of shampoo still in the tub! I doubt room service did anything to the bathroom except pull back the shower curtain.

One of the double beds had a visible blood stain on the side where the sheets are tucked in. The sheets were not clean! When we pulled the covers back we noticed tiny specks of dirt where you would put your feet. Apparently, the maid just re-made the bed - DISGUSTING!

As if this wasn't enough - our experience with the hotel manager, Pam, just topped things off. She was rude and refused to help fix these problems!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I had a confirmed reservation for the Military/Government rate and, upon check-in, the Ramada-Tuscaloosa, AL manager, Pamela J. Straw, would not honor the rate. I was charged $60 extra because it was "game weekend". The normal way of handling this is not to offer a Military/Govt rate. The printed instructions from the website reservation confirmation stated "Government Discount - ID Req'd At Check-in." I presented my military ID upon check-in but the manager stated that I had to have paper orders. I asked the manager to show me where that requirement was stated, but she couldn't. I stay at hotels who offer military/Govt discounts all the time whether my trip is business or vacation.

I immediately opened a case with Corporate that same day, 18Sep09, and 3 phone calls later, the most recent one today, 19Oct09, I got another blow-off "a manager will review your case and call you." Right!

I will NEVER stay at Ramada again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
St. Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I am a very flexible traveler and have stayed at all types of hotels. This is the worst! It was a weekend trip for taking my child back to school at the University of Alabama. The room was dirty, when I pulled the bed covering back it had yellow stains on it! The workout facility had no electricity the entire three days I was there. I asked housekeeping for extra pillows and an extra blanket and never received it. I came back to my room one night to find the beds partially made, but the pillows thrown on a chair with no pillow cases. It took me two trips to the front desk and 1 hour to get 3 pillow cases. The last day there was no breakfast service. I saw the housekeeping staff sitting in the lobby on a regular basis. I was shocked to see a Ramada Inn of this quality. We'll never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Bridge City, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

I was driving back from Washington DC and stopped at this hotel becasue it was a RAMADA INN. I thought RAMADA stood for quality and I usually stay at Ramada when traveling. However I could not have been more wrong. When I entered my room with my daughter age 11, son age 4 and pregnant wife and went in to the bathroom it was the most horid smell I could have imagined. It smelled like urine and other bodily fluids. The bathtub had about a inch thick of dirt and grim at the bottom of the tub. I notified the person on duty and she asked me what she wanted me to do about it. I told her to at least switch rooms. Sheasked if we messed up the room. I said no. She said she was only worried about it because she had to clean or remake the beds and that seemed to really upset her. Her name was Pamela Straw. She gave us another room. This one smelled like an ash tray. I was told by Ms Straw upon check in there was no smoking in the hotel and it was enforced. I told her we could not stay in the ash tray room because my wife was pregnant. She just looked annoyed at me abd I went back to the original filthy room. She did not apologize or anything. We stayed in what I believe to be the filthiest room in the universe. I have been to hotels in at least 10 different countries in my military career and this one was the worst. Everything from the the telephone to the ice machine also seemed to be broke. In the morning at check put I talked to hte desk clerk to find out who was on duty last night and she kept playing games and told me her name was Shawn. She also laughed when I explained to her about my room. I probally will not ever stay at another Ramada Inn ever after this experience. In my opinion this hotel was the filthiest I ever stayed in. I also talked to other guest who say that there rooms were not cleaned on a daily basis. my room had not been cleaned in days. Also I have never seen a hotel crew so uncaring. Every time I talked to someone it was like I was bothering them.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Do not stay at this hotel if you expect a top notch hotel. We reported the tub having a slow drain and it was never repaired during our weekend stay. On top of that, housekeeping came only to deliver tops and 8:30 a.m. the next morning and never came back to straighten the room or empty the trash!!!!! It was reported to the front desk and their explanation was that it is a liabilty for housekeeping to clean the room while occupied!!!!!!! This hotel does not have vending machines and badly needs renovation. Try the candlewood suites next door!!!!

• Stayed April 2009
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I checked in on Passover Weekend after midnight- after driving all day from Lubbock, The only rooms available in Tuscaloosa were at the Ramada, I just wanted to Sleep, no frills, no high price and no fuss made.
Staff was friendly and fast to check me in, ground floor as I requested... for $100 for the night!
I dragged my gear to a room, where the key cards gave me a hard time. A guest was urinating on the concrete by the pool. A wild party was obviously going on in room next door. Lovely scene for single woman traveling alone.
I got in finally and flipped switch for lights: darkness prevailed. I fumbled to lamps and no light STILL. I made due with bathroom light. Door locks were shady, but I took a shower and heard rattling at conjoining door and exited swiftly. I tried to sleep in the few hours I had before leaving at 7AM: the party continued in the hall, next door, against the walls: LOUD enough to have alerted security on its own and guests rattling the door and walls until 3 AM, and starting again at 6 AM.
No Wifi was in room as promised. The toilet empty and refilled itself every 20 minutes All Night. The plug in the tub would not stay open, so a shower meant standing in dirty water. The lights finally worked: by morning light I could see that EVERY appliance had been unplugged.
I informed front desk of some problems and went in for the Free Breakfast. They acted as if the breakfast made up for it all.
Sorry Ramada.... great breakfast (horrible coffee) and virtually no sleep in a dismal environment is NOT worth a hundred bucks a night. I'd be better off sleeping in my car.
The coup de grace was Ramada asking me via email to fill out a survey online: they contacted my brother at his email, using HIS name. His info is not same as mine, yet Ramada could track HIM down instead of me to ask for input!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!