“Lousy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Ashford, AL
“Lousy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The room is nasty and smells moldy. The carpet and chairs are dirty. When we checked out we were charged for two nights. We only booked one night. I argued but it didn't do any good. They told me they had a two night mininum. This room cost me $473.78 for one night. No return visits for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This had to be the worst place I have stayed in my life. My family and I booked at the Ramada for our family reunion. The agreement made between the hotel and my family included a discounted room stay for booking 10+ rooms and the use of their meeting room for our "meet and greet." Prior to checking in, we were ensured that the meeting room would be cleaned and ready for use, but of course this was a lie. The meeting room seemed to have been used as a storage closet and had the worst smell. The day of our event, we were told that management would not allow us to utilize the space and would do nothing to rectify this wrong. This was the first issue. The second issue is the cleanliness of the hotel rooms. Upon walking into the room, you are immediately disappointed by the appearance especially when the hotel claims to have been recently completed renovated. The rugs look as if they hadn't been shampooed in years; the iron and ironing board were unacceptable for use; there was a foul odor in the room; and the bathroom cleanliness was not up to par. I guess renovated to them meant installing flat screen TVs and slapping on a fresh coat of paint. In addition, the person who made our reservations booked the wrong room types and dates for a few of our rooms. When asked to correct this situation, we were told that nothing could be done because the hotel was booked up. The management here was completely disrespectful and failed to acknowledge our concerns or assist in attempting to make our stay pleasurable. Upon confronting the manager of our issues, she told my family we had to exit the hotel and could not complete out stay. On top of that, the discounted rate we were promised was revoked and we had to pay full price for each night. This establishment has so many issues including lack of accountability, lack of respect for the customer, and lack of professionalism. NEVER stay here.

Room Tip: My tip is stay somewhere else like the Country Inn and Suites around the corner!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ohio, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was completely and utterly disgusted. Both the staff and the hotel were horrible. The hotel was so dirty, the equipment was worn down. Our iron was broken and when we asked for a replacement we were told they did not have any top spare. They suggested that we check back with them after someone checks out. I was there for an affair and asked how I could get my clothes pressed and I was just given the same answer again. I asked if they could recommend a dry cleaner and was told that they don’t know of any in the area. Really Ramada…really. We threw out the little bag for our ice bucket and we asked for another the next day and we were told that they did not have any. I was asked to wait until the cleaning people came around the next day. No appreciation for their client and a complete lack of customer service on every level. I normally do not write reviews but I had to let people know. DON’T STAY HERE! There are other hotels in the area…the immediate area that are far better and cleaner.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It could be the seediest room I have ever stayed in. Was guaranteed a non-smoking room and it stenched of smoke. The shower wall was reattached with dry wall screws, carpet was filthy and bed was old and lumpy. Don't be fooled by the exterior.

• Stayed August 2013
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel. We are beginning the process of a full remodel of the hotel, so many of our guests' concerns will be addressed in the renovation. We do hope to offer you a better opinion of this property should you return to Tuscaloosa for a future stay. Thank you for your time and, again, we do apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We always want our guests to feel comfortable, and we definitely strive to ensure that we meet this goal with every guest.

--Rachel Marcum, Operations Manager
Hendersonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The carpet was not very clean. The room was very humid. The hot water was yellow when it came out of the faucet. The water in the shower did not drain like it is suppose to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!