“The room I was in ,Was a smoking room and it really smelled...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boaz, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the price, amenities and location. We needed to stay three nights, but I make a habit of only paying for the first night due to previous bad hotel stays in the past. The room was clean, but the service was border-line incompetant. When we checked in I asked for a smoking room...I was given a non smoking room and promised I would be moved when the other room was cleaned...after running errands I cam back to find the only remaining smoking room had been rented...I was given a room and told it was "smiking" although there was an in room ashtry, the door was clearly marked as non smoking. I was asked to come back twice then finally got keys...they worked but the lock was broken and I couldnt get in...after the LONG walk back they issued new keys (in spite of my arguements that the keys were not the problem)...LONG walk back up...same thing...LONG walk back down...maintentance sent up to help after I was spoken to as if I were an idiot! Long story short...the window had to be taken out in order to get in the room...nowhere for me to go in the meantime...lock finally replaced 4 1/2 hours AFTER I initially paid. No discount for additional nights offered... Had to complain about blaring music in the middle of the night, and my request for a wake up call was accepted but no call was ever made to my room. On the second day, our keys were turned off, and through the whole stay I probably got more exercise than a 10 mile hike through the appalachians could have offered!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room that is locaated in the building in the back (300s and 400s)...you will have...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry for the inconvience you experienced during your stay. We will review with our staff on better ways to communicate these issues and hope to ensure no other guest has the same issue.

Janell Colburn
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The only reason I stopped in Tuscaloosa was because I quickly learned that people in Alabama have no idea how to drive on snow and ice. It was an unexpected stop, so I just wanted somewhere cheap and clean to stay. The staff was great and the room met my expectations.

Room Tip: It is an older property, but in pretty good condition.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the future. Hopefully the weather will be a bit more cooperative next time. Thanks John Operations Manager
Somerset, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I couldn't find much of anything wrong with this hotel. It was a little far from the highway, but nothing that was inconvenient. Lots of restaurants around as well as a supermarket across the street (the rooms have a microwave & fridge). The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. Modern HD television with several channels. Breakfast was a typical continental breakfast with biscuits & gravy. I'd stay here again any day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! Come back and see us. John Operations Manager
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The lobby was very clean and nice. The rooms are in need of some updates, Brande the breakfast lady was very kind and went beyond what you will normally get from a free breakfast. Over all it was great. The front desk guy Marlow was great with the speed of getting us in our room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are regularly taking steps to update our property and it is very much a work in progress. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with Marlon and Brandy. They are valuable members of our Ramada family. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you in the future. John Operations Manager

Been to Ramada Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!