“Average, well done...just like we wanted.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Albertville, Alabama, United States
“Average, well done...just like we wanted.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a very reasonably priced place in a busy area of the city near the main exit to the university. Everything about it is average but the people who were very nice. Our room faced the pool which was shut down unfortunately for repairs. My son was rather disappointed but i can't hold that against the hotel as a pool owner- you never know when a pump part will go out. Our reserved check in was flawless with our location request met. We found the room to be clean and bug-free. My husband swept the beds immediately for bed bugs and found not one sign. Kudos to the hotel for purchasing bed bug mattress covers! Breakfast was simple but plentiful. The fresh fruit and waffles were great. My only complaint was the small size of the service area. We used the laundry for my son's camp shorts so kudos to them for that as well. Full beds a bit small but they slept well enough. Quiet after 10, Overall a nice 3 day stay for football camp that didn't kill our budget for a place we spent little time in other than sleeping.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool on interior side are quieter!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ramadaoftuscaloosa, General Manager at Ramada Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our property is older than the majority of hotels in the area, but we want to make sure customer service in regards to our guest is top notch! We did have issues with our pool at the beginning of the summer and appreciate that you understand maintaining a pool this large can be quite an adventure. Please come and visit us again if you come to Tuscaloosa.

Janell Colburn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lillian, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed one night after a long trip. I was going to stay three night but this hotel was not up to what i come to expect from Ramada. The room was very drity the smell was nasty.

Room Tip: clean rooms better
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for review. I am truly sorry that your experience with us was not a good one. We strive everyday to ensure that our guest are happy and comfortable when they stay with us. I hope if you come this way, you will give us another shot to show you that we do listen to each of our reviews and take action to make sure things are done correctly.

Brenham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

On a trip to Atlanta, we had planned to stop in Meridian, MS, as a stopping point on our way from Brenham, TX. When we got there around 7 pm, it was inundated with motorcyclists. They were EVERYWHERE and it was difficult to maneuver in this town. We finally decided to move on and go to Tuscaloos, AL, another hour and a half. After reading some reviews on Tripadvisor, I chose to call this place as we were driving. A very nice young man was busy with customers, but promised to hold a room for me as we were on our way. True to his word, he had a room waiting for us and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was, including the Continental breakfast. Definitely would recommend this place for price and convenience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so very glad to hear that our staff member was able to assist you! His actions were what we would expect of all of our staff members and though at times we may not be able to do everything, we do want people to know we will always do what is in our power to ensure top notch customer service.

kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were in town for Alabama's graduation weekend. I had booked the rooms a year in advance, but had forgotten to change our arrival date. When we arrived (a day later than I had reserved) our reservation had been cancelled, of course. Being graduation weekend, we were afraid we wouldn't have anyplace to stay. The General Manager, however, came to our rescue. She found us rooms next door at the Candlewood Suites, and made sure that all of our special requests were met. We needed two pet-friendly, first floor rooms, and she made it all happen in the most courteous way. She waived as many of the extra charges as she could. We have stayed there in the past and have found every single staff member goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Must start from the top with the GM - she saved our trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! I am so glad we were able to get you situated!

New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Place is looking run down, furniture was dusty, got room on bottom floor but window was open and could not be locked. Shower would not come on properly, (water half from shower and half from tub spout) and tub would not drain at all!!!! Front desk offered to bring draino but never got it. For $65 I got ripped off!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Greeted promptly and professionally, and offered a cookie. Nice gesture after a long road-trip. Fast check-in. Room was okay, just starting to look a bit rough around the edges. Decent breakfast, fresh cofee, again greeted by smiling staff. All-in-all an average Ramada for the price. The staff, above average.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Salem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in October 2011 while visiting my daughter who is a Grad student at the University. I was instantly made to feel like family, and was greeted by the staff by name every morning. My comfort and well-being was their top priotity, and travelling as a solo female it was truly appreciated. My room over-looked the pool, the bed was SO comfortable and it was so peaceful there. At no time did I worry about my safety. I was informed by the manager that a "block" of rooms had been reserved by the the folks that have been staying in Tuscaloosa to rebuild from the tornado that had devastated that community in April 2011. That side of the hotel was like a small community with grills going and people relaxing after a hard day's work. I did not arrive until sometime after midnight on a Thursday morning, but the staff was prepared and waiting for my arrival. When I left on Saturday morning, I felt that I had arrived as a guest and left as a friend. I will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel in the future when I return to Alabama from New Hampshire to visit my daughter.

Room Tip: The room was assigned to me but I would definitely stay on this side of the hotel over-looking the p...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!