“hotels at it best !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 Skyland Blvd. E., Tuscaloosa, AL 35405-4712 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Ellisville, Mississippi, United States
“hotels at it best !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

found the most awesome hotel in tuscaloosa had to stop due to a trailer tire issue this place is great it has 2 beds to the room altho the 2nd bed is in a room to itself with it own t v so that you can share the room but if one is asleep the other is IN THEIR own area beautiful lay OUT in the bath large shower with powerful massaging shower head perfect for sore rode trip muscles ^_^ not just a cold breakfast bar also mr willie cooks a full hot breakfast bar and serves it with a smile all free and all of this for 69.00 what a deal check out time is 12 not 11 this is a win win love it <3
RODEWAY INN TUCALOOSA
I-59& I-20 EXIT 76
4300 SKYLAND BLVD E
TUCALOOA AL 35405
call 205-556-5696
fax 205-556-3205
JERRY B BAGGETT
OWNER-GENERAL MANAGER

Room Tip: every room is great !!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It's not a luxury hotel, but it was certainly worth the $80/night we paid. Decently clean and the beds were comfortable enough and big enough for two adults to share. I especially liked the design of the rooms. The design is great if you have a bunch of people sharing the room. Each room was set up as a two-room suite with a bed in each room. Some of these have a door connecting the two rooms, other just have a giant cut out. The sink is also outside the shower and toilet, so it makes it easy to brush your teeth while somebody else is showering.

Breakfast was typical for this price range of hotels - some fruit, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, and make-your-own waffles. Nothing particularly great, but not bad either.

The location is good. It's near a highway, but not so near you hear the cars. It's also pretty close to a Walmart and several restaurants.

The cons were the entire hotel smelled a little weird and the wifi didn't reach our room. We got used to the smell quickly, and I didn't need wifi that badly. My phone also had poor signal inside the hotel, but I don't blame that on the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite with a door connecting the two rooms. These rooms also have an extra window and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I traveled to Tuscaloosa with my sisters, and reserved a room for 2 nights. This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. It was WAY overpriced. I didnt have much of a choice most of the rooms were sold out. They charged WAY too much. I reserved a "No Smoking" room,but it was very very obvious that i had been given a room that had smokers in it. I couldnt even go into the room because of the overwhelming smell of smoke,and I am a smoker. The staff was very unfriendly, but did move us to an upstairs room. No elevator.. Room was so out dated that we had to take pictures and send it to friends. We slept in our jeans with our hoodies on because we were doubting the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom door did not close and the shower did not work properly. We were fearful that bugs would get into our luggage so we dragged our stuff to the car for the night. Even though we paid for two nights we could not stay for more that one. We traveled to Birmingham and stayed somewhere else. We are all college educated professionals and have traveled quite extensively. I would NEVER stay here again!!! If the other rooms in town are sold out I would stay out of town.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere please
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed at the facility for 2 days. IT WAS HORRIBLE. Let's see where to begin....The staff was unfriendly, the room was dirty, the bed was uncomfortable, the hairdryer was a complete joke! (from 1900's), the housekeeping staff were rude and never had any clean laundry ready.... also when i checked out, I was double charged on my credit card. so if you stay here pay with cash, NOT YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD.

Room Tip: There is nothing i can help you with here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed over the weekend of TN/AL football game so prices were close to $200 and everywhere is sold out- This was last option and not altogether a bad choice. Young lady that checked me in was uber helpful and even helped me carry bags to my room!! For a busy weekend like that there definitely needs to be more than 1 front desk person though. My room was quiet, breakfast was sufficient and had a small hot buffet, and everything seemed to be very clean. My biggest complaint was this hotel is not Sleep Inn anymore- it has been changed to Rodeway Inn and I drove around for half an hour looking for Sleep Inn- No one called to inform me of this and I did not appreciate that. If your going to change the name and signs, please let the guest know AHEAD of time!!

Room Tip: I got a non smoking room and wouldnt sleep anywhere else! You can definitely tell that people are sm...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place reeks of cigarrette smoke- management was less than willing to provide comfort- bad experience here- go down the road. They don't care about the customer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed at this property a few years ago and felt it was adequate for our needs-reasonable price for a good night's sleep while taking care of family business nearby. This visit however did not meet our expectations. The hotel is very run down. Our room contained extremely out dated furniture which was dirty. The mattresses were lumpy, the linens were scratchy. We chose a handicapped room. The bathroom was large but the tub/shower was inaccessible to the handicapped person in our group because it was a standard tub. The only handicap accomodations in the bathroom was the bars next to the toilet. The hair dryer literally looked like it was made around 1960 and was broken. The carpeting was filthy. This trip was unexpected and this hotel was the only Choice property that had rooms available due to a huge UA event. Therefore we just went to bed and checked out the next day to find another motel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!